Far and Away (1992) - 2020 2-CD expansion from La-la Land Records

Josh500

Mine says shipped too, but right now USPS just sees the label being made. Probably tomorrow morning that it shows up as moving in the system. (I really wish releases were on Thursdays so that could get part of the way before the weekend.) It's coming from Burbank, and I'm in LA at the moment so could it possibly show up tomorrow? That would be a welcome joy after a very long week.

1 hour ago, lairdo said:

Mine says shipped too, but right now USPS just sees the label being made. Probably tomorrow morning that it shows up as moving in the system. (I really wish releases were on Thursdays so that could get part of the way before the weekend.) It's coming from Burbank, and I'm in LA at the moment so could it possibly show up tomorrow? That would be a welcome joy after a very long week.

Mine has left Santa Clarita.

Don’t forget to go to the USPS tracking page and input your cell to receive text alerts.  Mine is scheduled for delivery Tuesday, just in time for St. Patrick’s day!

11 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Don’t forget to go to the USPS tracking page and input your cell to receive text alerts.  Mine is scheduled for delivery Tuesday, just in time for St. Patrick’s day!

Mine updated to Monday! :woop:

Well it certainly brings ME some much-needed joy. Thank you!

EDIT: Very interesting comment about him finding the music static and asking JW to play it his own way. I wonder why that happened. Also listening to the Chieftains' first album right now to stay in a good mood.

Cool, Townerfan! Do you talk about this album too? I remember owning that once, a selection of The Chieftains' film music work:

0001168655.jpg

16 minutes ago, Thor said:

Cool, Townerfan! Do you talk about this album too? I remember owning that once, a selection of The Chieftains' film music work:

0001168655.jpg

Nope, and Townerfan wasn't part of the interview.

Mine too. Just today. I wasn’t able to order it until mid afternoon Pacific time and it’s clear a lot of people saw theirs ship before mine. So it must have sold well the first day at least!

Update from MV at FSM thread:

La La Land Records   (Member)

Guys, we have a 1000 orders to ship let alone the wholesale orders. The cds came in early afternoon on Friday and started shipping out that late afternoon. We worked on Saturday filling orders instead of buying toilet paper.

Oh and in case you didn't know this there is a BLEEPIN worldwide pandemic going on.

Chill out and please wait at least a week to email us and ask if your order has shipped. We are doing the best we can under these circumstances

MV

2 hours ago, Holko said:

People seriously write in just to whine that theirs wasn't dispatched immediately?

Yeah, nothing surprises me anymore after it became apparent yesterday that some people also like making jokes about members being dead.

Mine has shipped today, although with the coronavirus outbreak I'm not sure when it'll arrive to my place. In any case I don't mind waiting a month for listening to this.

4 hours ago, Thor said:

Yes, people's obsession with shipping systems and speed (and even their desire to post about it in forums) has always been completely baffling to me.

We can blame Amazon with their ability to deliver some items the same day they're ordered.

7 minutes ago, lairdo said:

Mine arrived a few mins ago. Already ripping it... Now why won't this conference call end so I can listen to it!

You gonna tackle this one next on the Magic of JW?

11 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Make a stand and end it yourself!

Done! Listening! Sounds so good!

5 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

You gonna tackle this one next on the Magic of JW?

Yes, that's the plan for sure. I want to watch the film again in prep.

19 hours ago, Jay said:

Heres a pic of my favorite part :p

Capture.JPG

No mention of the source (digital or new transfers from analog tapes) that was used for this release?

On 3/5/2020 at 9:19 AM, Jay said:

MIke's job at Universal is to oversee fresh transfers of all their old analog tapes, so I'd certainly imagine that's what was used here.  It sounds AMAZING from start to finish.

Thinking about this more, it's most certainly a new digital transfer of analog tape.  Remember the HP1 digital master from 2001 was only 24/44.1, so Mike wisely had the analog tapes pulled to do the entire project in 192/24.  Far and Away is from 1992 and the digital master from that era is probably 16/44.1 or something!  There's no way he could have gotten the improvement in sound he did without going to a pristine analog source.