THE LAST OF US (HBO TV) - spoilers allowed for aired episodes (game spoilers masked)

Edmilson

• 1 month later...

I knew it.

She originally auditioned for Game Ellie, was many fans' hopes to be Show Ellie, and I think she would have been great at that.

This will DEFINITELY be a different take on Abby than the jacked version from the game:

abby-tlou2.gif

But I'm here for it.  I recently saw the film "No One Will Save You" starring Dever, and she was great in it!  She was great in Booksmart, too.

Cool!  Name wasn't familiar to me, but it seems I've seen her in Sicario 2 and that's it.  She looks the part!

That's the 3 major new characters cast.

Next should be the Abby story characters - Lev, Yara, Manny, Nora and Owen.  Unless they are all saved for season 3...

Oh!  And hopefully Jeffrey Wright plays Issac like he did in the game!

It will turn seven in June this year, actually. The movie came out in June 21, 2017 and it was completely humiliated at the box office because the Transformers series was past its prime.

Isabela Merced then was about to turn 16. Now she has grown into a beautiful young woman that will turn 23 in July.

4 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Isabela Merced then was about to turn 16. Now she has grown into a beautiful young woman that will turn 23 in July.

Oh, that I know since we were born in the same year... which I'm always in denial about, my head can't fathom having a celebrity with the same age.

I share my birthday with Shannon Elizabeth, Tom Everett Scott, Diane Farr, Angie Everhart, Leslie Jones, Eazy-E, W Earl Brown, J-Smith Cameron, Diane Warren, Michael Emerson, Corbin Bernsen, Mark Isham, Julie Kavner, Gloria Gaynor, Buddy Holly, and Elizabeth I (born before me) as well as Jodie Turner-Smith, Evan Rachel Wood and Jonathan Majors (born after me)

The closest I have to sharing day AND year with a celebrity is that the singer Pink was born the day after I was.  She's... made more of her life than I have lol.

Merced is not only gorgeous and also has a ton of natural talent and charisma. My wife and I saw her Dora the Explorer flick on a whim (not much that interested us in theater at the time) and both enjoyed it in large part thanks to her.

Yavar

• 2 weeks later...

Ah man seeing the trio of Ellie, Dina, and Jesse gets me so hyped. It looks perfect.

They look a little younger than in the game but still I love the image of them. I’m super excited to see their performances I’m sure it’ll be great.

Yeah it's still weird to me that there is 5 years between the stories, but only 2 years will pass between filming them.

Well, I'm sure makeup and acting will do a lot of heavy lifting

On 11/1/2024 at 2:29 PM, Jay said:

I share my birthday with Shannon Elizabeth, Tom Everett Scott, Diane Farr, Angie Everhart, Leslie Jones, Eazy-E, W Earl Brown, J-Smith Cameron, Diane Warren, Michael Emerson, Corbin Bernsen, Mark Isham, Julie Kavner, Gloria Gaynor, Buddy Holly, and Elizabeth I (born before me) as well as Jodie Turner-Smith, Evan Rachel Wood and Jonathan Majors (born after me)

The closest I have to sharing day AND year with a celebrity is that the singer Pink was born the day after I was.  She's... made more of her life than I have lol.

I share the same birthday with Rachel McAdams and birthday AND year with Leslie Bibb 🤤  not too bad of a combo there 🤩 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/01/2024 at 2:24 PM, Jay said:

That's the 3 major new characters cast.

Next should be the Abby story characters - Lev, Yara, Manny, Nora and Owen.  Unless they are all saved for season 3...

No Lev or Yara yet, but Manny, Nora, Owen and Mel are cast now

MixCollage-01-Mar-2024-10-37-AM-8241.webp

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/last-of-us-season-2-cast-manny-danny-ramirez-mel-owen-1235927601/

• The Good Doctor and Riverdale actor Spencer Lord will play Owen, officially described by HBO as "a gentle soul trapped in a warrior’s body, condemned to fight an enemy he refuses to hate."
  • Ariela Barer of How to Blow Up a Pipeline will play Mel, described as "a young doctor whose commitment to saving lives is challenged by the realities of war and tribalism."
  • Danny Ramirez, who scored high-profile parts in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Top Gun: Maverick, is also joining as Manny, "a loyal soldier whose sunny outlook belies the pain of old wounds and a fear that he will fail his friends when they need him most."
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and You star Tati Gabrielle will play Nora, "a military medic struggling to come to terms with the sins of her past."

Can't say I'm familiar with any of these guys, personally - never seen any of the referenced shows/movies either

Oh I have seen that, for some reason I thought the blurb was talking about the upcoming fourth Cap movie. Don't remember what he was in FAWS though

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Oh I have seen that, for some reason I thought the blurb was talking about the upcoming fourth Cap movie. Don't remember what he was in FAWS though

I think he was Falcon's colleague from the beginning that was talking about the flag smashers or whatever.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

No Lev or Yara yet, but Manny, Nora, Owen and Mel are cast now

MixCollage-01-Mar-2024-10-37-AM-8241.webp

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/last-of-us-season-2-cast-manny-danny-ramirez-mel-owen-1235927601/

• The Good Doctor and Riverdale actor Spencer Lord will play Owen, officially described by HBO as "a gentle soul trapped in a warrior’s body, condemned to fight an enemy he refuses to hate."
  • Ariela Barer of How to Blow Up a Pipeline will play Mel, described as "a young doctor whose commitment to saving lives is challenged by the realities of war and tribalism."
  • Danny Ramirez, who scored high-profile parts in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Top Gun: Maverick, is also joining as Manny, "a loyal soldier whose sunny outlook belies the pain of old wounds and a fear that he will fail his friends when they need him most."
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and You star Tati Gabrielle will play Nora, "a military medic struggling to come to terms with the sins of her past."

Can't say I'm familiar with any of these guys, personally - never seen any of the referenced shows/movies either

They will have a hard time to match the chemistry/dynamic that existed between Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey in Season 1. 

Huh? These are side characters, Joel and Ellie and still the main characters (with Abby being a new third main character starting this season)

• 4 weeks later...