Michael Giacchino's JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION (2022)

Jay

3 hours ago, MedigoScan said:

I am surprised they didn't leave the obligatory JP1 reference off the soundtrack this time.

What do you mean by that?

I should have been more clear in that I mean the Piano JP1 theme (Not sure what the official title for that is)

The movies for JW1 and FK both used that theme once in a scene and the soundtracks didnt release those parts.

Edit: or maybe its just the main theme in Piano I guess.

43 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

I should have been more clear in that I mean the Piano JP1 theme (Not sure what the official title for that is)

The movies for JW1 and FK both used that theme once in a scene and the soundtracks didnt release those parts.

Edit: or maybe its just the main theme in Piano I guess.

It is the main theme on piano. And that's one of the reasons I'm happy the recording sessions for the previous two films leaked. 

That plane cue is SO much fun! Can't wait to hear the rest of the score!

I spotted Elfman's Doc Ock tune around the 8 seconds mark of that cue. Oops!

Just a reminder that Giacchino wrote and recorded this score before he wrote and recorded the Batman and Spider-man No Way Home

This time i think i see spoilery titles…. Usually you dont have a clue of the plot with puntitles.

is 32 tracks a lot (with several combined cues? Could be a 2cd or digital deluxe edition?

i liked the two leaked cues. The electronics… not so sure but the arrangement of the jp theme doesnt sound a sshoehorned as other renditions.

8 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

is 32 tracks a lot (with several combined cues? Could be a 2cd or digital deluxe edition?

It's the normal release. It's 107 minutes long.

And it's really like Giacchino to put those multiple titles. So it might be that there are more shorter cues in the film that they pasted together for the album release.

But we'll know for sure in 2 weeks when the film is out.

I mean the 2nd track in the youtube sample is already 3 tracks pasted together apparently.

And actually I dont recall Giacchino using multi-titles so often.

This score is very good! Maybe Giacchino’s best since Jupiter Ascending (on par with WotPotA). His themes are more mature this time around and John Williams quotes are much more natural sounding. The presentation is a bit long (with this, Fantastic Beasts 3 and The Batman, they really seem to be trying to release everything right?) but I am not complaining as a lot of Williams quotes made the album and I don’t think they would’ve if it were a regular presentation. The end credit suite is a keeper and the action music is also superb. The theme on “Clonely You, The Haunters become The Hunted” might be one of Giacchinos loviest (on par with Yorktown from Star Trek 3). Loved it. 

Also, how great that we got Giacchino to finish his trilogy. I wasn’t the greatest Jurassic World fan when it came out, but the way that he developed his themes in the trilogy was very good. Most of the themes from the previous movies return.

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

No, this is a first. I wonder why.

Maybe the score is composed of a lot of short cues, and he decided that the best way to present them is by combining them into longer tracks?

But yeah, I think this is his first time doing it.

My guess is that this is actually a leak from an early distribution of the OST album that had the full cue names included in each track title, but the final release will just pick one title to go with for a lot of these.

For example, there was an early leak of the first Jurassic World's OST album's track list that had both "Does This Dino Make Jurassic Look Big" and "As The Jurassic World Turns" listed; on the actual final OST album the track "As The Jurassic World Turns" contained both of those cues inside it.  Same with "Clearly His First Rodeo" containing both "Clearly His First Rodeo" and "A Glorified Petting Zoo", and "Costa Rican Standoff" containing both "Costa Rican Standoff" and "The Teeth Degree"

36 minutes ago, Jay said:

My guess is that this is actually a leak from an early distribution of the OST album that had the full cue names included in each track title, but the final release will just pick one title to go with for a lot of these.

For example, there was an early leak of the first Jurassic World's OST album's track list that had both "Does This Dino Make Jurassic Look Big" and "As The Jurassic World Turns" listed; on the actual final OST album the track "As The Jurassic World Turns" contained both of those cues inside it.  Same with "Clearly His First Rodeo" containing both "Clearly His First Rodeo" and "A Glorified Petting Zoo", and "Costa Rican Standoff" containing both "Costa Rican Standoff" and "The Teeth Degree"

Or maybe it's MG couldn't decide which pun is better

1 minute ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

Giacchino's wit is the only thing worse than his music.

Didn't you practically slobber over how much you loved the Fallen Kingdom score?

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Didn't you practically slobber over how much you loved the Fallen Kingdom score?

I do still like that one, but that theme is pretty much a poor man's Hellraiser. But I have a bias toward that sort of thing even when there's better works of that kind elsewhere.

Which is to say, I love goth horror stuff even when it's offered by a composer I'm otherwise not into (though meanness aside I have nothing against him, seeing as he scores movies I usually would have no interest in anyway. I mean, how the heck do you write interesting music for freakin' Spider-Man anyway?).

15 minutes ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

Giacchino's wit is the only thing worse than his music.

By "wit" I'm guessing you're referring to his punny track titles?

1 hour ago, May the Force be with You said:

Could we dream that after letting Varèse release a physical edition of HTTYD2, Back Lot could allow them to release the three deluxe editions of JW as they were all record in London?

If they did, I wonder if it will have any differences to the already leaked recording sessions?

1 minute ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

I am a certified lover of puns, courtesy of the Cryptkeeper and Tex Avery cartoons.

So I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about when I say this guy stinks.

No, I do not know what you're talking about. Besides, I think we can all be a witty, can't we?

From what I can tell, the Lost Season 1 soundtrack (released March 21, 2006) was the first Giacchino OST to be filled with pun titles and it's also the first to use the "World's Worst..." titling thing.  A mere 7 weeks later saw the release of the MI3 soundtrack which was the one that established both of those as "a thing" he would continue doing for going on 16 years now.

If there's one before Lost, I just missed it.

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction (2005) had pun titles, including a "World's Best" title

48892-3_mercenaries--playground-of-destr

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction (2005) had pun titles

48892-3_mercenaries--playground-of-destr

Ah ha!  So the "World's Worst" thing started as "World's Best," which I see now he's also used Best several times over the years but not nearly as often as he's used Worst.

So did Sky High (2005)

59438dbebf381124983264.jpg

And before both of those was The Incredibles, which had a handful of puns

Incredibles - Soundtrack - Music

Sure, but they didn't write new titles in 2017, those are the existing cue titles from 2005

Right, but I was talking puns in the tracklist of commercially released albums.  Anyway, so I guess that Mercenaries album was the first to use them extensively, beyond just a track (like Incredits or Tanks a Lot)

Alias also contains some punt titles i think

Just now, Stu said:

Right, but I was talking puns in the tracklist of commercially released albums.  Anyway, so I guess that Mercenaries album was the first to use them extensively, beyond just a track (like Incredits or Tanks a Lot)

Probably the isolated puns are true giacchinos, while paul apelgreen staryed doing full albums.

11 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Alias also contains some punt titles i think

Probably the isolated puns are true giacchinos, while paul apelgreen staryed doing full albums.

Or maybe they collaborate together on coming up with punny titles?