Michael Giacchino's JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION (2022)

Jay

Besides the main theme (which gets used a lot) and the predator themes from that released clip (which would be in track 21: Gigantosaurus On Your Life), I dont recall much else. No Lost World references at least. Then again I am bad at recognizing stuff like that.

Also it seems like the Fallen Kingdom theme has become Wu's theme for the film.

There's no way that cover is real, because Giacchino didn't conduct. 

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

Any notable JW (as in Williams) motif quotes not previously mentioned?

The original film's adventure theme is quoted once or twice. 

The main theme is quoted about 10 times, and even its bridge (from "Welcome to Jurassic Park") get's a very nice treatment in the finale track.

The main theme theme is very well integrated in the score in my opinion, never sounding off like in the previous 2 entries. But yeah, couldn't notice anything from the Lost World.

36 minutes ago, Jay said:

There's no way that cover is real, because Giacchino didn't conduct. 

We talking about the 'hur hur Jurassic World because the world's on the dino's body' one?

Because it is. He used it on his Soundcloud for one track that's been released as a single.

47 minutes ago, Giftheck said:

We talking about the 'hur hur Jurassic World because the world's on the dino's body' one?

Because it is. He used it on his Soundcloud for one track that's been released as a single.

That version just says "Music By Michael Giacchino", and earlier version said "Music Composed and Conducted by Michael Giacchino"

On 24/05/2022 at 5:44 PM, Edmilson said:

Anyone else also prefers Giacchino's first Jurassic World score to Fallen Kingdom's? The first one is pretty decent, but FK, as Kasey puts it, is just a Chris Young-wannabe. It also doesn't help that the movie is horrible.

I much prefer the first (film and score).

I hope part 3 is better than 2 (film and score).

That's great he says a physical CD edition is coming

Still nothing on Amazon US

Yeah I do wonder if it is a stripped down 1 CD version like these foreign listings are saying, or if it is yet another listing mistake like the runtime listings for the digital version and we are getting an actual 2 CD release? The other question I guess would be is this CD or CDR?

Let's also all remember that Fallen Kingdom had two tracks (at least?) that were only on the digital version. So who knows...

It was two tracks - "Double Cross to Bear" and "Gyro Can You Go?" - that they stripped out to fit onto one CD for JWFK

Here they'd have to strip a lot more...

There is a CDR version and a pressed CD version available for The Batman

On 01/06/2022 at 3:48 PM, Jay said:

The full track list is up on iTunes NZ, including a sample of "Da Plane And Da Cycle", which I guess is released as a single?

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/jurassic-world-dominion-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1623662259

Also, it lists a length of 1 hour, 38 minutes, which is different than the leak's 1 hour, 47 minutes.

And, that page reveals the actual cover art:

1400x1400bb.webp

Crikey.

Do we have a thread for 'worst album covers ever' because that needs to go in there.

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

There is a CDR version and a pressed CD version available for The Batman

Interesting! And weird lol. I had only seen the CDR version.

6 minutes ago, scallenger said:

I don't think the pressed version is available anywhere any more

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=147118&forumID=1&archive=0

26 minutes ago, scallenger said:

The pressed version is Japan-exclusive, same goes for Matrix 4, Dune and Fantastic Beasts 3. 

I have no idea when and why Warner started to use this strategy for their high profile movie soundtrack releases. I find it utterly confusing and irritating. 

Well thank goodness this isn't through Warner, then! Although Universal and all of their associations make dumb decisions all the time. Truuuust me, lol.

17 hours ago, saulocf said:

The original film's adventure theme is quoted once or twice. 

The main theme is quoted about 10 times, and even its bridge (from "Welcome to Jurassic Park") get's a very nice treatment in the finale track.

The main theme theme is very well integrated in the score in my opinion, never sounding off like in the previous 2 entries. But yeah, couldn't notice anything from the Lost World.

Thanks.

So no predator motif? T-Rex tremelo? Other than the bits in that one clip (which perhaps isn't even on the OST).

It's a pity that TLW never gets any love in these adaptations (other than the little bit in the I-Rex/Blue/Mosa takedown in JW1).

11 minutes ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

Hearing the Fallen Kingdom theme a couple times brought a smile. Earlier ribbing aside, FK’s still a fun listen. Giacchino’s action writing is really corny in a way I find endearing in a monster movie context.

My main gripe is that, compared to, say, Powell, he doesn’t intertwine his themes within the score nearly enough. Powell sees action sequences as just as much of a chance to express character or story themes as any other kind of scene, whereas Giacchino just sledgehammers away and has nothing to say.

That may be a very strong Powell characteristic, and while Giacchino has done some of this in the past (The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Tomorrowland, Star Trek 3), it is not something that most composers do it anyways. Even some great action cues from the SW sequel trilogy are themeless.

39 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

He did in his early videogame scores:

moh, secret weapons…

rogue one to some extent…

Didn't he also do it for a The Lost World game too? Like an old old game?

came back from the movie, wonder what happened to the soundtrack mix

the movie mix of the music sound so much more organic, lively and big, meanwhile the soundtrack version sounds..., well it sounds thin and dry

and I think it is a persistent problem for MG's soundtrack album, I began to notice this kind of problem since ST Beyond, where music in the film is loud and clear compared with its counterpart in the album having every instrument sounding the same

US CD Version Pre-Order is now up. Ships on the 24th. According to the listing it is a CD and has the same tracklist as the digital. Yet still says 1 CD lol. So who knows for sure. Will pre-order and see what happens. If it's a CD-R I may send it back lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-World-Dominion-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B0B2HMK688

Then it isnt. 🙁

bad choice. Its weird because its after the opening news reel.

it is probably tracked since its propper place would be where it is in the prologue teaser. Lets hope they make a directors cut or extended edition…

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Listening to the suite to start off with - not bad.

Gotta say though, that cover art sucks, big time.

Yes, the cover art looks atrocious. I thought it was bad fan art when I first saw it. It looks so cheap. I don't understand why they didn't just use the movie poster which has a nice black and orange design with the classic T-Rex head. Bizarre decision.

2 hours ago, Damien F said:

Yes, the cover art looks atrocious. I thought it was bad fan art when I first saw it. It looks so cheap. I don't understand why they didn't just use the movie poster which has a nice black and orange design with the classic T-Rex head. Bizarre decision.

they used it, for their youtube music video