Michael Giacchino's JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION (2022)

Jay

11 minutes ago, HyenaBoy said:

I still hope we get an official release of the complete scores for the three JW films. (maybe MM might be able to do something about that?)

He's been working on a "big" upcoming release; all we know is it isn't JW.

A Jurassic World box set would be great!

54 minutes ago, crumbs said:

He's been working on a "big" upcoming release; all we know is it isn't JW.

A Jurassic World box set would be great!

Wonder if that "big" release could be SW?

Anyways if I didn't miss anything, the cues in GEMA that are not in OST track titles are

Disband Together
Don't Be Delacourt with Me
Getting There is Half the Tunnel
Your Doomsday Clock is Showing
A Very Jurassic Region
Kayla Joins the Frayla
Slow Walking in the Red Light District
Stop Yanking My Plane
World's Worst Mosquito Repellent Test
Like Ptarachupting Pterodactyls
Turn on Your Gaslight
Wham, Bam, Thank You, Ramsay
Shut Your Pyroraptor Hole
Giganotosaurus Economy
A Good Day to Dilophosaurus
2021 A Jurassic Odyssey

This may be a little random but here it is anyway. I interviewed the creator of the XBOX who once worked on a game for THE LOST WORLD called TRESPASSER. And during the conversation I bring up the game's wonderful music score by Bill Brown. And, well... Seamus brings up something interesting Bill said about John Williams that may make ya'll angry at first, haha. But just keep listening.

The moment happens at around 26:23.

Interesting @scallenger! I've always been fascinated by that game, if only for its disastrous production and release.

The concept itself was brilliant for its time - they simply couldn't execute it with the technology available in 1997. I'd love to see a modern attempt at a survival-horror game using the Jurassic Park IP.

Well next week's part 2 goes into a second game he had planned to do to make up for Trespasser. It was a sequel to the original trilogy of films. He called it... JURASSIC WORLD. Sound familiar?

Except it was only a game. But then it didn't get made... but ideas from it got absorbed into the new trilogy.

Trespasser is a gem of a mess.

On 03/09/2022 at 3:14 AM, Jay said:

Good luck figuring out which scenes some of these are for though... 

Eh it should be easy. The leaked tracklist already seems to be largely chronological.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

The what?

The GEMA titles I meant

And yeah I notice that its not entirely chronological. But if you remove the 2nd versions and shuffle 3 or 4 tracks, then the tracks we do know about resume their album order.. Large chunks are already in that order and that doesnt seem like a coincidence.

Unless that wasnt chronological either.

Oh I thought everyone knew how it worked, let me explain again

Someone involved with the film puts together a "cue sheet" that lists every bit of music used in the film, and who wrote it.

This gets submitted to several places, including GEMA, which is nice for us because they have a free public search we can use.  But in GEMA, if a cue gets used in 3 different spots in the film, it doesn't list each of those times, they only list it the first time it's used.

So that's why the list looks weird, because if a cue for a scene late in the film had even a tiny portion of it tracked into an early scene, it's listed only in that early spot chronologically, and then not listed where it was intended to be used.