Star Wars A New Hope 2-LP Walt Disney Records

The Dark Trilogy

The Amazon France, Germany and Netherlands entries now have cover placeholder as well as a track list

51G%2BgsvpCAL._SL1200_.jpg

Product details

• Accessory (May 1, 2020)
  • Number of discs: 2
  • Format: Import
  • Label: Disney Records
  • ASIN: B085RRZPQC

Disc: 1

1. Main Title
  2. Imperial Attack
  3. Princess Leia's Theme
  4. The Desert and the Robot Auction
  5. Ben's Death and TIE Fighter Attack
  6. The Little People Work
  7. Rescue of the Princess
  8. Inner City
  9. Cantina Band

Disc: 2

1. The Land of the Sand People
  2. Mouse Robot and Blasting Off
  3. The Return Home
  4. The Walls Converge
  5. The Princess Appears
  6. The Last Battle
  7. The Throne Room and End Title

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B085RRZPQC/
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B085RRZPQC/

https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B085RRZPQC/

So it's just the 1977 OST spread over 2 discs.  Maybe its a vinyl incorrectly listed as a CD.

If this is true or a vinyl, and not a placeholder like the artwork... WHAT THE FUCK

Can whoever heads these decisions at Disney Music just die of corona so we can get someone with functioning brains please?

34 minutes ago, Jay said:

Amazon France and Amazon Germany still show the same track list, but the track list has now been removed from the Amazon Netherlands entry

We Dutch are the smart ones, of course. :P

10 hours ago, Jay said:

So it's just the 1977 OST spread over 2 discs.  Maybe its a vinyl incorrectly listed as a CD.

Seems like it's just a repackaged reissue of the vinyl set Disney Records already released 2 years ago for the 40th Anniversary.

Mindboggling. How many times can the same bloody thing be re-released with a new coat of paint?

I came here looking for something else, and was completely blindsighted by this.

I'm trying very hard not to get excited.  Excuse me, I have to go prepare my wallet...

1 hour ago, Toa_of_Pi said:

I came here looking for something else, and was completely blindsighted by this.

I'm trying very hard not to get excited.  Excuse me, I have to go prepare my wallet...

Nothing to get excited about. It's the same CD release they've been reissuing for 4 decades. No new music.

16 hours ago, crumbs said:

Seems like it's just a repackaged reissue of the vinyl set Disney Records already released 2 years ago for the 40th Anniversary.

Mindboggling. How many times can the same bloody thing be re-released with a new coat of paint?

I was hoping they’d release one of these for Empire Strike’s Back anniversary this year. It’s really an awesome set I didn’t want to be alone on the shelf.

On 3/19/2020 at 3:51 PM, crumbs said:

Can't wait to pick up the 3 disc set for ROTJ!

4FzQG2k.png

Where do you have that from? Is that real? If it was, it would imply a definitive release (which requires three discs) that is simply labeled with a cheap placeholder list.

On 3/18/2020 at 1:56 PM, Bellosh said:

Yeah does JW have a say in any of his music for Star Wars or is it completely out of his control within the hands of Disney.  I can't imagine MM's name hasn't been brought up.

Gordy Haab said every cue he wrote for a video game had a review period for the game's director, then Disney, then John Williams.  And that was for music for the franchise JW did NOT even compose.  I would imagine his level of courtesy approval is even higher for music he did compose and is quite protective of.  Also note that just because he had the opportunity to review it doesn't mean he does, just that he was allowed a say in everything if he wanted.

Bah! I doubt JW could veto a cue if he didn’t like it.

Even if he was given the score to “review”. Which I also doubt.

But of course Haab’s score had to be reviewed by someone before being put in the game. But more likely that would be the producer of the product, a person or persons who has an overall mandate from Disney to approve/nix a cue.