Who will be the first famous composer to compose a work related to the coronavirus pandemic?

Jurassic Shark

Sure, it's obviously going to happen. There will be films, TV shows and oodles of references in existing TV shows and other popular culture.

As to who the composer will be for the first major film about it, it's impossible to speculate. There are no parameters.

What was the first major film about 9/11? I absolutely adore Craig Armstrong's score for WORLD TRADE CENTER  (my favourite score that year), but I don't believe it was the first.

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

What was the first major film about 9/11? I absolutely adore Craig Armstrong's score for WORLD TRADE CENTER  (my favourite score that year), but I don't believe it was the first.

I can't remember how that score is. Could you point out a few highlights?

Well, you can start off with the first track, the "World Trade Center Cello Theme". This theme goes through various permutations and with various solo instruments and voices throughout the score.

11 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Spike Lee's The 25th Hour?

Well, while 9/11 plays a role in it, it's not about the event, strictly speaking.

41 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

On the Transmigration of Souls 2 by John Adams.

I would listen to that!

Why not turn this into the plot of Bond 26? Some terrorist want to spread a mortal coronavirus variation that will kill 25%* of the world's population because global warming, there won't be food for everyone, etc., and Bond has to stop him.

The score, of course, would be composed by...

Resultado de imagem para david arnold composer

*It can't be half, otherwise Marvel'd sue them.

8 hours ago, Thor said:

I think United 93 earlier that year was the first studio movie directly about 9/11. 

There haven’t really been many since those two, have there?

12 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Why not turn this into the plot of Bond 26? Some terrorist want to spread a mortal coronavirus variation that will kill 25%* of the world's population...

Er...you've, basically, just described the plot of ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

John Cage wrote one preemptively.  2020: the year every orchestra plays 4'33".

On 3/20/2020 at 10:27 PM, mrbellamy said:

I think United 93 earlier that year was the first studio movie directly about 9/11. 

There haven’t really been many since those two, have there?

The abomination that was Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 8:43 PM, Edmilson said:

Why not turn this into the plot of Bond 26? Some terrorist want to spread a mortal coronavirus variation that will kill 25%* of the world's population because global warming, there won't be food for everyone, etc., 

So based on real life. I like those.