Disney Records Announces "Star Wars: The John Williams Collection" 30-disc Boxset, Releases May 25 (APRIL FOOLS - Tune in next year!)

Manakin Skywalker

Was wondering when I would start seeing April fool's pranks, although with everything going on I doubt we'll see as many as years past.

Just now, ATXHusker said:

Was wondering when I would start seeing April fool's pranks, although with everything going on I doubt we'll see as many as years past.

This thread is a light in the dark!

Just now, Bellosh said:

Would 22 Discs actually be in a set like this?  Less? More?  Did you do the math, @Manakin Skywalker

21 or 22, so yes, given all 9 films. Depends how many alternates they'd include for TPM, making it either 2 or 3 discs.

These usually work on me for about 3 seconds, but this one didn't because I knew Star Wars would never come from Intrada.

8 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

These usually work on me for about 3 seconds, but this one didn't because I knew Star Wars would never come from Intrada.

Same here. He probably thought it would be too evil to write it was coming from Disney.

April Fool's basically died back when Trump came into office, and the whole media landscape revolved around socalled 'fake news' all over the world. And then on top of that this year was the pandemic, which certainly isn't nurturing for any April Fool's. Just as well; never cared much for it in the first place (having no sense of humour as I do).

• 1 year later...

I'd hope that the 21 disc aspect of it will never be obsolete, as in I really hope that when expansions eventually happen, it doesn't all come in one big box. I only want RotS.

And of course every time we bump this thread, at least one further person temporarily believes in fairies! :wizard:

6 hours ago, ymenard said:

Only ANH and TESB could be a two-CD set, I can't see how you can fit all other movies under 3 discs, so it would be 25 discs ;) 

TPM, AOTC and ROTS would all fit easily on 2 discs (with a bunch of room to spare for AOTC and ROTS). TPM would have a good chunk of room for alternates, although a couple less significant ones would probably have to be bumped from it. Oh, what the heck, I'll up it to 25 anyway. ;)

8 hours ago, Giftheck said:

See, this is the problem with reusing the same joke every year: there comes a point where you say 'fuck it' and just bump last year's thread.

I was hoping by now I wouldn't have to still be doing this. :lol:

This is the day that I go back to the old April Fool's threads on FSM from the 90's and use them as a checklist for all of the great scores I now have. (And in better shape than they would have been if they had been produced then!)

Excuse me while I go listen to Tron!

On 01/04/2022 at 9:12 PM, Manakin Skywalker said:

TPM would have a good chunk of room for alternates, although a couple less significant ones would probably have to be bumped from it.

Would JWFan accept a set where 'less significant' alternates were omitted?

There will have to be some serious expectation management when SW eventually happens. People are going to want different things from it.

Let's be fair here: for the Prequels, the 'less significant alternatives' - especially for TPM - are available in the games, so if somebody wants those they're easy to reconstruct.

I would expect the fully percussive versions of "Take Off" and "Anakin Defeats Sebulba", as well as cues that feature unused sections replaced by inserts or revised versions, to be included with TPM, but I wouldn't be too cut up if they didn't include alternative takes for Droid Invasion, for instance.