Disney Records Announces "Star Wars: The John Williams Collection" 30-disc Boxset, Releases May 25 (APRIL FOOLS - Tune in next year!)

Manakin Skywalker

I get we all want MM to work on it, being “insiders” and huge fan of the work he’s done with the maestro’s catalog, but is that really a convincing argument for the general audience?

Has it been done before? His name on LLL’s advertisement as a main selling point?

I’m just pondering, if you have three bullet points, what are the three most selling arguments you could put in there to persuade the general public to buy your product?

For example:

- 9 hours of unreleased music

- Remixed and remastered from original tapes

- Limited to X copies

- Box set includes both stereo and 5.1 surround versions

I mean, they knew to hire all the right people for the 40th anniversary set (Kendall, Malone, Bond, Grieving, etc). Stands to reason any expanded project would result in John requesting Mike to oversee it (even if he's working underneath more senior people at Disney Records, like Randy Thornton). 

Unless Disney proceed without consulting John, or hire Shawn Murphy to oversee things again. Who knows.

There clearly wasn't much quality control on the Demasters and that was only 6 months after the (comparatively lavish) 40th anniversary set.