In Corona isolation, Randy Newman binge-watches Harry Potter movies

Marian Schedenig

He's such a Williams fanboy! 

I had hoped to interview him during his Oslo concert in May, but I think that's cancelled now.

Why is he making a differentiation between score and music? Doesn't dude know what he's talking about? Also...is he just putting more laurels on JW while disregarding the work of Doyle and Desplat? :ph34r:

Randy Newman is one of the funniest people in the world to talk to. I'm sure that holds true even in a Skype interview.

12 minutes ago, Kühni said:

Also...is he just putting more laurels on JW while disregarding the work of Doyle and Desplat? :ph34r:

Who said he watched the Williams-scored entries?

Here's the result of my only interaction with RN. Very gladly received, and I'll overlook the suspect German syntax. :D

Newman BGL.jpg

On 4/7/2020 at 11:17 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

Randy Newman is one of the funniest people in the world to talk to. I'm sure that holds true even in a Skype interview.

Who said he watched the Williams-scored entries?

I said. 

There is only 3 Potter movies in my world. And they are wonderful. 

I agree they created one of the best films in the series, but I wouldn't say it went downhill after PoA. Goblet of Fire is my favourite film of the series.

They are all on Sky now. I glanced through Philosopher's first 30 minutes and it's insufferable, and the score follows suit. It's really better enjoyed as stand-alone listen.

You really need to be in the right mood for the first score... it's overwhelmingly syrupy in one sitting. Probably better enjoyed in half hour increments.