Zoom get-together? [Saturday, February 6, 2021]

Thor

On 10/3/2020 at 9:33 PM, Thor said:

For now, there is only me here. I only have two beers left.

I’ll show up and share a brewski next time! I was unable to yesterday (didn’t see this ‘till now), but I do like that you are spontaneous - there’s far too little of that quality these days!

• 3 months later...

As promised a few weeks ago, I wanted to "experiment" with a JWFAN exclusive get-together this January. Maybe it will be a one-off, maybe not. I usually host get-togethers for Maintitles and FSM, but I can postpone those untill the end of the month. From the replies here, I gather that many of you are more comfortable with exclusive JWFAN meetings.

So.....I'm going to try this the coming weekend, on Friday. This will be Friday, January 15. I will start the meeting at 19:00 (7 PM) Norway time, and you can use a time zone converter to find out what that is in your neck of the woods. The link is the same as the one I provided earlier. The meeting will cut off after every 40 minutes, after which you need to log back in. I'll try to alert everyone in time.

I drink beer and wine during these meetings. It's not obligatory, but if anyone wants to join me in a few drinks, that's great.

See you next week (hopefully)!

I would assist to a zoom meeting, but just to show my horrible english accent, so you'll understand why my written english is soo bad!

We can drink during the show? Holly Molly!

I have a pretty decent French, but let's stick to English.

Politics are definitely allowed, but let's not make it the focus point. I'm more curious about how everyone is doing, we don't need to talk about film music and John Williams all the time.

This sounds like great fun and I'm definitely in. It'll only be 10:00 am where I am (SF Bay Area), so no drinking from me. Well, nothing alcoholic at least. (This ain't Key West.)

2 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

This sounds like great fun and I'm definitely in. It'll only be 10:00 am where I am (SF Bay Area), so no drinking from me. Well, nothing alcoholic at least. (This ain't Key West.)

The meeting will go on for a while, so whenever you feel it is appropriate, you can have a drink. :)

Just a reminder that this is in two hours.

The link is this:

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/4386804511?pwd=ZXRYeFJtem5rUTlOTVFoNWRSS28xdz09

As previously noted, each 'session' lasts 40 minutes, after which you need to log back in. Sorry, I don't have a Premium Zoom account, so that's the tiny drawback.

I've cracked open the first beer already.

We're live. No one here yet.

[Edit: I'll give this untill 20:00 (8 PM) Norway time. If no one shows up by then, I'll ask if anyone on Maintitles or FSM wants to join, just so putting this in my calendar wasn't all a waste of time. Hope that is OK for everyone.]

[Edit 2: Bayesian is here!]

[Edit 3: So, this was interesting. Only Bayesian showed up. We had a great and long conversation about everything from JWFAN to Williams to politics to travelling to everything inbetween. But the absence of others tells me a few things -- people hate me, or are afraid of me. Or they have no interest in showing themselves onscreen. It was basically a death blow to the whole Zoom thing for JWFAN. As I said earlier, this was an experiment, and I got the answers I needed. Strange that someone like Naive Old Fart never showed up, though, who was SO enthusiastic about this idea in the first place,]

We had a great time, @Thor! Thank you for organizing it! It’s too bad no one else was able to join us, but let’s not conclude just yet that this activity is doomed. Sometimes the timing just doesn’t work out.

I for one am definitely looking forward to doing this again soon, and seeing others join in.

The timing didn't work for me.  I work 9a-5p EST m-f.  Scheduling a meetup for 1pm EST on a work day is impossible for me

16 hours ago, Thor said:

people hate me, or are afraid of me. Or they have no interest in showing themselves onscreen.

Don't worry - none of those! I just failed to remember when it was - I'd thought about coming along.

Was still at the tail end of working at 6pm so I wasn't checking JWFan as much as I might have been.

I'd also got it into my head you'd organised it for a Saturday, or something - probably a better day. We hold a family Zoom at 7pm every week, and the timing is to make it easier for my brother who lives in San Francisco.

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

...an Irish independent film lovers group.

Is that for people who love independent Irish films, or for Irish people who love independent films, or just for independent Irish people who love films in general?

Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden (except physical CDs). Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a JWfan life.

So you might say, that we are encouraged to love...