Which John Williams Expanded Releases did you skip buying?

King Mark

24 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Wow, man — you skipped my FAVORITE Williams score of all time, JANE EYRE. You MUST check it out...it’s incredible:

However great, that's not an expansion. :)

On 5/18/2020 at 11:56 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

However great, that's not an expansion. :)

Yeah but I was replying specifically to Brundlefly's comment, which didn't seem limited to expansions: "I skipped every release from any pre-Jaws score that there ever was. From there on, it's just The River, Monsignor (which I am both willing to buy), Heartbeeps and SpaceCamp."

Yavar

As far as I know, the only ones I've ever skipped are the recentish Lost In Space and Land of the Giants sets.  And I would have bought those if they were solely focused on Williams and therefore cheaper.  They didn't add quite enough that I felt like they were worth springing for.

On 5/18/2020 at 7:31 PM, Yavar Moradi said:

Wow, man — you skipped my FAVORITE Williams score of all time, JANE EYRE. You MUST check it out...it’s incredible:

I guess, I have to check out the earlier period of John WIlliams' career sooner or later. Images and The Poseidon Adventure also draw my interest. But for me it became even harder to listen to all the music you want to, because hiphop is an entirely new field for me that also needs time to sit down and pay attention to now.

21 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Start with Fitzwilly, his best 60s score.

It's good, but not the best. The best is THE REIVERS, followed by NOT WITH MY WIFE YOU DON'T.

Nah. It's a brilliant conceptual album flirting with various jazz and popular music styles, but somehow coming wonderfully together. The score is far better than the movie, though.

Ugh this is a sore subject as I do want them all but I have to be choosy with which ones I pick up when because you know life gets in the way is: exchange and budgets :)

Excluding the old FSM stuff and sticking with stuff released in the last 10 years.... Here we go...

• Fitzwilly [music box] - couldn't get into this one and wasn't going to pay the price
  • Land of the Giants set [La La Land] - too much for such little Williams :)
  • Tom Sawyer [Quartet] - No good excuse for missing this gem Hopefully it will see the light of day again.
  • The Long Goodby [Quartet] - Like the song but not that much :)
  • Jaws [Intrada] - Ok it was supposed to be unlimited and I bought Jaws 2 at the time instead.... yeah lost track on that one.
  • Monsignor [Intrada] - Have the first Intrada release but haven't decided on the new expansion leaning towards picking this up
  • Empire of the Sun [La La Land] - Keep meaning to buy it but they keep putting out other Williams releases that eat my budget!?  Of course when I do have budget it's "TEMPORARILLY OUT OF STOCK" :)
  • Superman II, II, IV [La La Land] - Have the blue box can't buy just for artwork no matter how much Jim Titus is my design hero
  • Home Alone [La La Land] - Have the first La La land expansion but haven't gone for the better quality newer one.
  • Home Alone 2 [La La Land] - Have the Varese one and didn't want to shell out just for he new carols
  • Schindler's List [La La Land] - Having a hard time justifying grabbing this one. LOVE the ost but.... [Picked it up on a sale]
  • Saving Private Ryan [La La Land] - A score that I only listen to Hymn of the Fallen... can't spend the cash!! [Picked it up on a sale]

We've had an embarrassment or riches released to us over the past several years... I dearly love the releases I have picked up (which I just realized is way longer than this list of ones i haven't) and hope to add these at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't purchased any of the RECENT expansions where I had the original; JP, INFERNO, POSEIDON, SCHINDLER..

JAWS 2, MR, E.T. SUPERMAN.A.I. ( I might have picked this up if I didn't have the 2cd FYC).

I did get the INDY BOX and LLL POSEIDON and E.T. 20th  anniversary

1 minute ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

Expanded releases? Who needs 'em? He puts all the important stuff on the OST anyway.

He did leave off some excellent cues from A.I., which is why many fans picked up the FYC