How much of your film score CD collection was bought used?

Bayesian

I would guess some two-thirds of my score/soundtrack collection was bought on the secondary market (Amazon, eBay, Discogs...). I started collecting in a serious way only in 2014 and had to build up a lot of my collection from third-party sellers. In most cases, I’ve not been overly disappointed in the condition of the CDs I bought used. 

Anyone else like me in this regard? Or anyone who absolutely refuses to buy second-hand?

For regular releases I'd say 70%, for LEs, precious few. I've been collecting scores on CD since '88. For me the secondary market only really opened up around 20 years ago though. 

I don't care about having new stuff, as long as the price is commensurate with the condition, and of course with the proviso that the discs must rip perfectly.

On balance I would say that nearly all my JW stuff was purchased new, save for a few of the Phillips Boston Pops albums.

At least 70%. My earlier purchases were almost exclusively bought fresh due to it being a new hobby and focusing mainly on new cinema releases. As I discovered older scores, the second-hand count went up dramatically. 

2 hours ago, Holko said:

0%

If I could do it over (and started this hobby thirty years earlier), I’d likely aim to minimize my purchase of used CDs. Partly because it would give me less angst about assembling a collection that looked consistent. The JW/BPO albums are a good example—I bought all of those used and had to learn to be ok with the fact that a CD in “very good” condition could still have a sun-bleached spine or the previous owner’s name written in pen on the booklet. Cosmetic, trifling problems, I know, but they still mar the overall pleasure in collecting, just a little. 

3 hours ago, Holko said:

0%

Ok and the percentage of pirated albums in your collection now!

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

Ok and the percentage of pirated albums in your collection now!

I find it hard to estimate the amount of used CDs in my collection (quite a few, but the majority were newly bought). But I have replaced most of my CDRs with new or re-releases, or with used originals.

I guess part of my 0% is that I haven't thrown my net very wide yet, I keep up with new specialty releases but mostly focus on and listen to things that really grab me or have already grabbed me. Very little impulse buying or digging back into the oop/sold out old stuff. And then if I like it I buy a proper release of it when it's done, not a throwaway used CD. That's the other part, I want to financially support the small labels and producers for their effort, not some random dude's retirement fund or the already huge film studio/big label that threw out half the score in a random arrangement 30 years ago. I don't have to have everything just for the sake of having it.

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Probably similar to Thor's, maybe a little higher. I've bought a heck of a lot from Amazon marketplace.

I've got some from there, but the whole backbone of my collection is from traversing a multitude of used record stores in the 90s and early 2000s. Now there's hardly any stores left of that particular ilk.