In the end, was the Disaster Movie Soundtrack Collection a good buy for you?

Josh500

In the end, was the Disaster Movie Soundtrack Collection a good buy for you?   

49 members have voted

1. 1. In the end, was the Disaster Movie Soundtrack Collection a good buy for you?

• Yes! I listen to it often. Worth every penny.
    • Yes, kinda. But admittedly, these are not among my favourite JW scores. The set is mostly for the collection.
    • Not really, because I hardly ever listen to it. Starting to wonder why I bought it.
    • No, and I regret buying it. Does LLL have a money return policy?
    • I didn't buy it (yet).

I put together a playlist of highlights that I listen to frequently.  This is one of my favorite recent releases and should be a cornerstone in any collection of the maestro’s work.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:17 AM, Dr. Know said:

I put together a playlist of highlights that I listen to frequently.  This is one of my favorite recent releases and should be a cornerstone in any collection of the maestro’s work.

How many corners does your collection have? :P

I mean, I consider cornerstones in my JW collection, among others, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Jaws, Indiana Jones, A.I., E.T., Harry Potter, the 3 Oliver Stone collaborations etc.

On 5/20/2020 at 5:51 PM, Brundlefly said:

From the samples the only score that sounded interesting to me is Poseidon Adventure, not sure about the other two.

The jazzy, urgent main title of Earthquake is quite catchy too! 

For those who can't afford to buy it, there is a "symphonic suite" from THE TOWERING INFERNO, on YouTube. All music is sourced from the new box set. It's approximately 65 minutes long. I've not heard all of it, but what I have heard sounds great.

1 hour ago, ChrisAfonso said:

I've only really dug into The Towering Inferno yet, but that alone already made the set worthwhile for me - the main title is an all-time classic (which I previously only knew from that old RealAudio sample page...), comparing the vastly different score/OST mixes is really ear-opening, and although my attention tends to wander off a bit during some of the more low-key cues of the score, there are a lot of outstanding highlights.

Earthquake seems a good candidate for listening when in a mood for fun, quirky music. Poseidon seems to be the most challenging score of these to really get into. But I'm glad to have them all at my disposal for when curiosity strikes :)

Yes, this is kind of how I see it. But I also find that the music I instantly like tends to disappear from my mind completely once I get tired of it while the music that I need to spend more time with in order to appreciate it tends to stay with me for longer.

Karol

On 5/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, Naïve Old Fart said:

For those who can't afford to buy it, there is a "symphonic suite" from THE TOWERING INFERNO, on YouTube. All music is sourced from the new box set. It's approximately 65 minutes long. I've not heard all of it, but what I have heard sounds great.

Yeah a SUPERB listen also!:thumbup: