Jump to content

Chat with John Williams and Gustavo Dudamel, June 30th 6pm


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jurassicjello · At Home With Gustavo Dudamel And John Williams

June 2nd, 2020, 6:00 P.M.   G.D.: You know why we are here, John. J.W.: Absolutely. G.D.: So tell me John, what are your favorite recordings? J.W.: Well... I've got to tell yo

4 hours ago, JDSollie said:

 

I was just going to ask if someone would be able to record this. I will be able to listen to it when it airs on KUSC.org at 9 PM EST on June 2, but I would still like to be able to revisit it; looking forward to this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fabulin said:

June 2nd, 2020, 6:00 P.M.

 

G.D.: You know why we are here, John.

J.W.: Absolutely.

G.D.: So tell me John, what are your favorite recordings?

J.W.: Well... I've got to tell you, Gustavo, that I never have the time to listen to music.

G.D. Oh.

 

Why do so many people on Quora end their answers with “That's all ...

 

Actually, some two decades ago, he told Classic CD magazine that, while having little time to listen to recordings, the Baremboin take on the Beethoven Sonatas was one of the few he would go back to on a regular basis.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll probably tune in to hear it, but not expecting anything new or in-depth, as previously mentioned. And, as always, expecting to cringe in the ocean of compliments that the interviewer always showers on Williams.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JDSollie said:

 

Why is Duda's head so large?

 

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'll probably tune in to hear it, but not expecting anything new or in-depth, as previously mentioned. And, as always, expecting to cringe in the ocean of compliments that the interviewer always showers on Williams.

 

I'll be asleep, but I expect it will be available afterwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Arpy said:

The title and image make it seem like it's a reality TV show with Dudamel and Williams happily married.

 

The Real Composers of Beverly Hills

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

 

Actually, some two decades ago, he told Classic CD magazine that, while having little time to listen to recordings, the Baremboin take on the Beethoven Sonatas was one of the few he would go back to on a regular basis.

I love that JW really digs Beethoven. His studying B’s symphonies in his spare time, his extracurricular activities while in Vienna, this anecdote... all the pieces fit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be nice if this conversation went beyond the superficial stuff and got into the meat of musical works that Williams reveres. What musical pieces he enjoys listening to, which performances he likes most, composers he studies, etc.

 

Anything but that Schindler's List anecdote again...

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I'm curious about is how Williams was interviewed. I sure hope he isn't going out or having anyone over, even with eased restrictions. He's too elderly to be doing anything during the pandemic.

 

The other possibility is that he's using technology. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

What I'm curious about is how Williams was interviewed. I sure hope he isn't going out or having anyone over, even with eased restrictions. He's too elderly to be doing anything during the pandemic.

 

The other possibility is that he's using technology. 

 

This was on topic Jay!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Molly Weasley said:

Someone had posted among all that wondering how he'd be interviewed while it's a pandemic. Isn't it a phone interview?

 

That was me and, yes, I'm genuinely curious about that.

 

I was also irrationally excited by the possibility of JW using technology.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...