Pacific Symphony "Virtual Concert" -- John Williams: Maestro of the Movies

Will

I don't think there's a thread on this yet...

https://www.pacificsymphony.org/VirtualConcert

Available for viewing until July 14.

Lights, camera, action! Celebrate the treasured film music of John Williams in an exhilarating performance featuring your favorite themes from “Harry Potter,” “Star Wars,” “Jurassic Park,” and more! This 45-minute online concert replaces the live Family Musical Morning series performance originally scheduled on May 30. Audiences of all ages will enjoy performances of selections from John Williams’ film scores.

Haven't had time to really watch it yet, but looks cool (although the on-screen commentary is a bit annoying). From a quick skim, it appears there is some JW interview footage, although I have no idea whether this footage has been previously released or when it was recorded. 

I am also not sure when the featured performances were recorded. Presumably sometime within the last couple years at a concert. 

I watched some of this with my 8 year old, it's perfect for families.

maybe this is common knowledge, but it was interesting to hear about Williams recording without a click track on the recent Star Wars films.

Roger Kalia is an amazing conductor and dear friend.  I so much wish he had conducted this concert.  Regardless, this was a project made with skill, talent, love and admiration for the music.  FYI, the tuba player is Jim Self who is frequently the tubist on Williams scores and is a legend in the tuba community.  He was the Mothership voice on Close Encounters.