Tarantino Says The Best Movie Of The Decade Is ...

A24

8 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

How is the Sosical Network noteworthy?

Tarantino: "It's the number 1 because it's the best, that's all! It crushes all the competition."

I remember things about every single Tarantino movie I've seen so far. I remember nothing, literally nothing, related to The social Network, only that the score was apparently awful, but I can't even imagine what that sounded like anymore.

Yikes, what a miserable crowd this is! Nothing but complaints.

I think they are interesting choices. DUNKIRK, I get -- it has that visceral power. SOCIAL NETWORK is a more curious choice, however. It's a great film, but I never expected Tarantino to go for a film heavy on Aaron Sorkin dialogue.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

He's changed his mind again then.

https://www.tarantino.info/2011/01/quentins-favorite-movies-of-2010/

#1 Toy Story 3

#2 The Social Network

He changes his mind quite regularly. Not that we really give a fuck, right?

He was wiser back in 2011, after all Toy Story 3 >>>>>> The Zzzzzzzzzzzocial network.

I like my David Fincher movies dark and disturbing. The Social Network isn't dark and disturbing enough! 

He needs to go back to serial killer movies again.

1 hour ago, Þekþiþm said:

Pretentious movie about annoying people.

Epitomizes this generation. I hope the next one is less patronizing. 

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

His last two projects, Gone Girl and Mindhunter, are about serial killers. :P

Indeed, this is the area where he excels, disturbing movies about disturbed people.

Both poor choices.

Dunkirk??? Yikes!

And yes Toy Story 3 is a masterpiece. I still remember the experience I had in the theater - I was crying my eyes - like actual watery tears - safe behind my enormous iMax 3D glasses- telling myself, these are pieces of plastic, what are you so sad about? Get over yourself! 

The Social Network is a great and well-done film. I wouldn't personally call it best of the decade, but I acknowledge it's a well-made film and it certainly grabbed me when I first saw it. It's complex, but simple at the same time.

Dunkirk however, despite me also agreeing that it's well-made...I don't get the hype. It was...okay. Again, very well-done, but I felt like I gained nothing from the experience, nor Nolan's nonsensical use of separate timelines for that film. It works in his other films, but there was no reason for it in Dunkirk. 

3 hours ago, Þekþiþm said:

Quarantino makes good flicks, but his taste is dismal.

“Kevin Reynolds is going to be the Stanley Kubrick of his decade." - Tarantino in 1994

That being said, I might not agree with both choices, but I very much enjoyed The Social Network and Dunkirk. "The best" is very personal and I wish his arguments were a little more insightful. Maybe he was mainly impressed from a director's perspective? Maybe their definition of a good movie is different?

12 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

I just appreciate the fuck out of Aaron Sorkin in a time when the screenplay is dead.

Also I kinda want a sequel now...

Same! So much has happened since the movie.

I enjoyed both films. I’ve seen both more than once. 

Dunkirk has spitfires though so that swings it for me.