What's John Williams' diet?

gkgyver

I guess he settles for a chicken sandwich when there's no turkey around.

On 6/4/2020 at 5:27 AM, gkgyver said:

Just wondering. 

Does he enjoy a hearty BBQ once in a while? Does he nibble on baby carrots? Feed on babys? 

I'd say blood from young virgin violin players. So that's why he hasn't feasted on ASM. :D

11 hours ago, Fabulin said:

Williams looks here as if, in addition to composing, his job was to entertain the producers at their home parties with piano playing while wearing a funny hat.

He, he. Yeah, kinda. But since the two people are Marshall & Kennedy, I assume it's an "Indiana Jones" hat for some event. Cool pic, though, I haven't seen that before.

I doubt Williams is a heavy drinker. Cigars, yes, but drinking to intoxication? I doubt it.

My granddad passed away at 85, but he was a 'happy drinker' up untill the last. Not getting shitfaced drunk, of course, but a comfortable 'buzz'. I guess my point was that I don't think Williams was EVER a big drinker. His brothers have said he never liked to 'party' as a youngster - his interests were basically music and women.

9 hours ago, Thor said:

He, he. Yeah, kinda. But since the two people are Marshall & Kennedy, I assume it's an "Indiana Jones" hat for some event. Cool pic, though, I haven't seen that before.

I doubt Williams is a heavy drinker. Cigars, yes, but drinking to intoxication? I doubt it.

The picture comes from the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sessions.

As for cigars, I think the last time we saw him holding one was either in the late 80's or early 90's.

He does seem to be a heavy water drinker. Looks like at the AFI thing while everyone else was getting juiced, he was downing Fiji Water in a wine glass. Perhaps that's why he looks so good for his age.

4 hours ago, Bayesian said:

My first thought was, if it’s good enough for JW, it’s good enough for me. (Not that I drink whisky, but I could learn.) Then I found out it costs like $200 per 750mL bottle. So, no.

LOL, I literally went through the same thought process.

4 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

He does seem to be a heavy water drinker. Looks like at the AFI thing while everyone else was getting juiced, he was downing Fiji Water in a wine glass. Perhaps that's why he looks so good for his age.

Vodka.  Nah, just kidding.

• 1 year later...

I remember there is this video of JW joking to Dudamel and Santaolalla about how a coffee inspires him in the morning. There's clips of this discussion on YT, but not containing that particular part. Does anyone know where to find it?

John has essential been a New Englander for 30 plus years. He loves a good grinder sandwich from a nearby Jewish or Lebanese deli. At least twice a week he eats fried whole bellied Clams flown in from Ipswitch along with some steamers. Saturday mornings is a large breakfast of blood sausages with scrambled eggs.  On drunken nights he's been know to hit El polo loco for all the chicken he can throw up. Back in his 70's he'd close down a Jack in the Box 😉 in Chula Vista. He "allegedly" would drive down with his buddy Jimmy Horner. They'd be drunk and once they brought along Hans Zimmer. He was so exited to be asked. They made him get sick on the loaded tiny tacos and jalapeno poppers, then when they stopped to let him out to puke they dumped his ass without his cell phone and no way back to Santa Monica. 

8 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Don't... don't you get my apetite going!

Sadly, the person you're replying to is no longer with us. He's...gone, like the snows of yesteryear.

We've had so many people either leave or be forced out of this forum the past couple years we really need an "In Memoriam" wall.

Oh, and shawarma is the way!

1 hour ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

Oh, and shawarma is the way!

It is and it isn't.

Whole workdays have been known to become wasted due to an ill-concieved (if utterly satisfying) trip to the nearby Shawarma place...

3 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

We've had so many people either leave or be forced out of this forum the past couple years we really need an "In Memoriam" wall.

Forced out?  I object to that notion

Two members were permanently banned; one that threatened me with physical violence and one that did a bunch of messed up stuff.  But they were not forced out, they willingly chose to (repeatedly) break the rules (the old rules, not specifically any of the new ones)

And the new rules were not an attempt to force any person away from the site whatsoever.  The new rules only describe posting behaviors that everyone is asked to follow.  And everyone besides those two are either still posting and following the new guidelines, or chose to stop posting. 

I truly hope everyone who hasn't posted in a while comes back!

I still can post here, so I think the rules are fair, even if I was banned for the last 24 hours... Well, I deserved it, because I'm a Canadian, and I can't really talk about the advantages of being one!

IT IS POLITICAL! :P

So what's your diet, I'm still a vegetarian since 2 years now! But I eat fish from time to time.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Two members were permanently banned; one that threatened me with physical violence and one that did a bunch of messed up stuff.  But they were not forced out, they willingly chose to (repeatedly) break the rules (the old rules, not specifically any of the new ones)

And the new rules were not an attempt to force any person away from the site whatsoever.  The new rules only describe posting behaviors that everyone is asked to follow.  And everyone besides those two are either still posting and following the new guidelines, or chose to leave. 

I truly hope everyone who hasn't posted in a while comes back!

That's truly f*cked up that someone from here would threaten you with violence. This is an freaking internet forum for crying out loud. Crikey we're trying to have a civilization here. Truly unbelievable.

And both those guys are definitely off the JWFan In Memoriam wall!

16 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Well, I deserved it, because I'm a Canadian, and I can't really talk about the advantages of being one!

You guys really need to reopen. I’ve been needing to get there for over a year now!

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

one that threatened me with physical violence and one that did a bunch of messed up stuff.

Now I want to read more details about it! Who was the member that threatened you? In which thread he did that? Why would he want to physically assault you? And what messed up did the second member do?

This is like "the darker side of JWFan".

53 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

You guys really need to reopen. I’ve been needing to get there for over a year now!

I can't comment, but stay where you are!

My coworker is from Canada, him and his wife and both their kids have dual residency in US and CAN. He owns a place way up (10 hour drive past the border) and they go there every summer for two weeks. 

Couldn't go last summer because of covid. Wasn't sure if they'd be able to go this year until very recently. But they finally got the OK. They have to take covid tests before leaving, again at the border, and have to basically stay in their house until they get a negative result from the border swabs. 

And they can only go for 10 days instead of their usual two weeks cause his daughter's heading off to college next month. And his daughter's girlfriend can't go with them cause she's a US citizen only. 

Is it even worth it?