John Williams' Oliver Stone scores won't be sold as a box set

Amer

13 hours ago, Thor said:

The OST has the perfect representation of the score.

Considering how redundant the score is, I almost agree. Five additional minutes of specific cues (that feature new and great music) would have made it a perfect 30 minutes album.

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

@Thor have you ever found a 40-odd minute OST that you feel is too long? I'm really not being facetious, I am just curious.

Length is usually irrelevant to me, it's all about the sequencing and general representation of the score. That being said, I can't really think of any OSTs that were too long at 40 minutes, even those that are mono-thematic and/or relatively static. Well, scores I dislike to begin with are too long at even 1 minute (Giacchino stuff, for example), but that's a different discussion.

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

You make  " expansions " sound like " drugs" !😁

In a way, yes. They're like a bad trip you can't get out of. Like that scene in TRAINSPOTTING where Ewan McGregor sees the baby on the ceiling.

Says the man so hooked on OSTs he breaks bootleg expansion discs he bought for whatever reason in half because he gets so pissy over them.

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

In a way, yes. They're like a bad trip you can't get out of. Like that scene in TRAINSPOTTING where Ewan McGregor sees the baby on the ceiling.

Well, when they are just a "collection of cues",  yeah.😗

So now we're talking expansions on AMISTAD.and. JFK?!😡