FILM: The Terminator (1984)

SteveMc

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2020 at 5:51 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

I prefer T2.

Me too! With T2, Cameron's cinematic vocabulary has grown considerably. I can watch it without even paying attention to the story. However, the long version has a dip somewhere in the middle.

• 2 months later...

I think to appreciate T2 to the fullest you really need to embrace the first film too. Not just because of the story, but to see and feel the development of Sarah. And the most terrifying scene in T2 to me is Sarah's assault on Mike Dyson, which mirrors the attacks and murders of the Terminator in the first movie. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/18/2020 at 10:18 PM, lemoncurd said:

I think to appreciate T2 to the fullest you really need to embrace the first film too. Not just because of the story, but to see and feel the development of Sarah. And the most terrifying scene in T2 to me is Sarah's assault on Mike Dyson, which mirrors the attacks and murders of the Terminator in the first movie. 

it rhymes. ;-)

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2020 at 4:51 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

I prefer T2.

On 8/7/2020 at 4:11 PM, AC1 said:

Me too!

Nah. THE TERMINATOR wipes the floor, with T2.

It "low down and dirty" look is what gives it its charm, and its credibility. Subsequent Terminator films are just parodies of the first. T2 is THE TERMINATOR writ large, T3 is just silly, and the less said about the next three, the better.

I'm not sure if it improves the film or not, but the remixed, 5.1 soundtrack for THE TERMINATOR sounds great.

Ps, nice job, @SteveMc.

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2021 at 6:38 AM, Naïve Old Fart said:

Nah. THE TERMINATOR wipes the floor, with T2.

It "low down and dirty" look is what gives it its charm, and its credibility. Subsequent Terminator films are just parodies of the first. T2 is THE TERMINATOR writ large, T3 is just silly, and the less said about the next three, the better.

I'm not sure if it improves the film or not, but the remixed, 5.1 soundtrack for THE TERMINATOR sounds great.

Ps, nice job, @SteveMc.

I disagree. Terminator and T2 are a two headed coin. They are truly complimentary of each other. T2 is remarkable for its extraordinary effects and its use of twins.