New Arr. of Luke & Leia for Horn Quartet & Piano

Falstaft

Listening again, he didn't actually say Luke and Leia is from Empire. I think he just mentioned Empire becuase that is what they had been looking forward to. Then he said "one of John's most gorgeous and evocative movie cues" -not specifically that it was one of Empire's most evocative cues.

The only thing Keith said that was wrong was that "Luke and Leia" is a "film cue." As an aside, I'd rather just watch the musicians than all that weird space imagery. Lovely arrangement though. I'll buy it in a heartbeat if and when it gets a commercial release.

3 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

The only thing Keith said that was wrong was that "Luke and Leia" is a "film cue." As an aside, I'd rather just watch the musicians than all that weird space imagery. Lovely arrangement though. I'll buy it in a heartbeat if and when it gets a commercial release.

Well, the end credits adaptation of the arrangement is. ;)

13 hours ago, pete said:

Listening again, he didn't actually say Luke and Leia is from Empire. I think he just mentioned Empire becuase that is what they had been looking forward to. Then he said "one of John's most gorgeous and evocative movie cues" -not specifically that it was one of Empire's most evocative cues.

images047.png

3 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Seems like it is about to launch into the Zorro theme. Did Horner do a rip off or was inspired. 

Definitely similar, not necessarily deliberate. Let's be careful who we accuse of ripping stuff off though: wouldn't want the Leonard Bernstein fans to start dragging JW for doing the same!... ;)

6 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Never noticed this before but - 

See the 5 notes on Horn here - 

Seems like it is about to launch into the Zorro theme. Did Horner do a rip off or was inspired. 

Why is Joe Bieden playing the horn? Another publicity stunt?

On 6/12/2020 at 2:33 AM, pete said:

Wasn't it originally composed for this scene?

kiss256_2.gif

On 6/11/2020 at 8:56 PM, A. A. Ron said:

The scene is 5 minutes of Luke and Leia exchanging affirming looks and patting each other on the shoulder.