Happy Birthday Variations, analysis?

fililando

Hello everyone! Have you ever tried analyzing this brilliant concert piece? I am working on it and can't understand how the Maestro developed some sections, it would be great to discuss with someone about them!

Thank you

29 minutes ago, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

Yes, I have done a full one. What is your question?

That's great! I mainly can't figure out how he developed the theme in the brass and strings variations (of course I can hear and see he used pieces of it here and there but I miss the logic and how he constructed them). I hope this makes sense!

7 minutes ago, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

Sure, I'll put it up in a few days. Only have the hand written copy at the moment

I'd really love to see that too! Thank you

On 6/16/2020 at 2:46 PM, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

Sure, I'll put it up in a few days. Only have the hand written copy at the moment

Hello Sir! Just a little reminder, are you still able to upload it? Thank you!

19 hours ago, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

Hey guys, sorry it took me a while to get this up.
This is a new blog I put together, I was going to publish it in the general discussion section, but let me know what you guys think!

https://www.the-la-sound.com/

Absolutely wonderful, thank you!

• 3 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 5:20 PM, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

Thanks guys, really appreciate it!!! Did you happen to read either of the other two posts?

Just got to revisit your blog finally! I love what you're doing with it - looking forward to more posts and analysis!

Variations-type compositions always follow less or more the same pattern: aria, then annoying variation 1, annoying variation 2, etc... And finally the aria again.

4 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Variations-type compositions always follow less or more the same pattern: aria, then annoying variation 1, annoying variation 2, etc... And finally the aria again.

Just like rhyming poems then. Every single one of them has the same pattern: A bit of text, then another bit of text that ends with the same sound as the previous bit, and then the whole thing all over again. So lazy. VOTE!

19 hours ago, carlborg said:

Just got to revisit your blog finally! I love what you're doing with it - looking forward to more posts and analysis!

Thanks! I have been kind of busy with other stuff.... but if you have any requests let me know!

Or if anybody else had a piece that isn't by JW, I would be happy to do that as well. The problem with the Williams stuff is the inability to easily get the full scores. I don't know if HL will loan them for study purposes, but other publishers do.