Variety: Film Scoring Gears Up to Return

crumbs

Striping seemed to have already been becoming the norm, and now the pandemic has made it basically mandatory. I probably won't be able to notice it unless it was pointed out to me, but it is a shame that having a large group of musicians in one room to record will pretty much be a novelty at this point.

Doesn't really bother me. All the good films have already been made. All the good film scores have already been written. RC can do their stuff ad infinitum and let everything be sampled (why bother with a live orchestra, all their stuff is brickwalled to death anyway).

Off topic, but I honestly don't think I'll ever go and watch a film in a cinema again (RoS was my last cinema visit). LTP might have been the only reason for me to go, as I've never been to one, but here in Africa it will most likely never happen as people hardly go to watch new movies (before Covid), let alone old ones .

Do they know that testing beforehand is available, musicians are aplenty, and extending sessions and ruining orchestral sounds is more expensive in many ways than testing players? 

Just another example of bureaucratic shitheads ruining something their icky paws have no place in.