RIP Joel Schumacher

Thor

He got his fair share of flack over the years, but I personally loved a lot of his movies, FALLING DOWN being perhaps the biggest favourite. I didn't even know he was sick, so this was quite shocking to me. He's been such an integral part of my film upbringing.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/joel-schumacher-dead-dies-batman-director-1234644961/

(so many great scores for his movies, I'm going to make a special podcast episode about him)

Oof, now I'm wondering who will complete the trifecta

I just listened to the Batman Forever score the other day, super zany fun for a super zany movie

Good and versatile director, with a great array of great scores in his movies. Batman Forever might not be a perfect Batman score, but it's pretty much a perfect superhero score

I've always respected Joel for how he owned up to Batman & Robin's failings. Would've liked to see him direct a darker Batman film the way he wanted, it would've been interesting to see how it differed to his "toyetic" movies.

It's a shame he passed.

Damn, so James Horner and Joel Schumacher died the same day of the year. Any other bad news Thor since you are the king of RIP threads?

Didn't realise until now that he was openly gay ... guess that explains some things about his two Bat movies  :lol: . Falling Down was very good, should see that again sometime. 

R.I.P.