Williams composing for the Vienna Philharmonic - "Fanfare for the Vienna Philharmonic Ball"

Miguel Andrade

10 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Seems to be a slow news day in Vienna.

Sick Ren And Stimpy GIF

Of Schnitzel and Schnapps

Hey, an Austrian is winning the skiing downhill in Kitzbühel, causing the country to grind to a halt. 

I guess we all have to wait with bated breath if the society TV program at 8 pm local time shows anything interesting... 

4 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Hey, an Austrian is winning the skiing downhill in Kitzbühel, causing the country to grind to a halt. 

I guess we all have to wait with bated breath if the society TV program at 8 pm local time shows anything interesting... 

While we wait...

It sounds like the  Superman march  and Classical music at the same time .I really hope the rest of it is as good as that ending snippet.

Norman Labrech must be feeling suicidal right now

5 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Unfortunately only a tiny snippet again on Austrian news... I guess we'll have to wait until the VPO decides to release it in some fashion.

Do you have this in higher quality? for the score at 0:31image.png

Are those picture frames in the hallway supposed to be permanant?

Now it reminds me of a souped up version of Entry into the Great Hall from Harry Potter meets Galaxy's Edge

1 minute ago, King Mark said:

Are those picture frames in the hallway supposed to be permanant?

No, it was a mini-exhibition for the 80th anniversary of the Philharmonikerball, showing some of the history of it. At least that's what the TV news said. 

48 minutes ago, Matthias said:

EDIT:

Guys, I've just stumbled across the goldmine that is Anna Netrebko's Instagram. These are by far the longest clips yet. 

Enjoy! 

It's a 720p encode from a clip that was also 720p. Not sure if there is any noticeable extra compression loss, but here's a screenshot from the original file:

Wien heute vom 20.01.2023 um 1900 Uhr_Moment.jpg

Damn, I want to here the entire piece! Just those brief snippets alone; phenomenal!

35 minutes ago, King Mark said:

Someone must have recorded the whole thing. These clips look like they accidentally have some music while filming something else

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this friend of Anna Netrebko recorded most / all of it (with the purpose of filming Netrebko's entrance) :

https://instagram.com/eskildsennatalia?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Anybody wanna ask nicely? 😉

Edit: Scratch that, it must've been someone else in the Netrebko entourage. 

Out of state chaperoning a school trip, so I haven’t heard any of this yet, but man, what a time to be alive! Maybe the Vienna fanfare can be repurposed to score the Williams documentary!

This is the epitome of why it's stressful to be a John Williams fan

Here we have a regal sounding celebratory fanfare that could possibly be one of his best, yet we have  no idea if a recording will ever be released

4 hours ago, King Mark said:

Here we have a regal sounding celebratory fanfare that could possibly be one of his best, yet we have  no idea if a recording will ever be released

I wouldn't worry too much about this one - I'm sure the VPO will record it at some point, the question is when. 

2 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Netrebko's entrance received a John Williams soundtrack.

How ironic.

Thank the Lord for attention-seeking Opera Divas, we wouldn't have much of the fanfare without it! 

I once sat in front of her at a VPO concert and was slightly irritated by her flamboyantly recording an IG video right before it started. When I checked her IG account later, it turned out she had even recorded during the concert itself. 😅

4 hours ago, King Mark said:

Most contemporary composers have to wait way more time to have their new works recorded and released than Williams, unless they take it to themselves to have them out (like Michael Torke does with his own label). 

I think that aside from the possibility that Williams recorded it last March, there's a good chance the Vienna Philharmonic will play this Fanfare at their annual Summer Night Concert at Schönbrunn Palace. The next one will be on June 8. It's broadcast around the world, as is New Year's Concert at Musikverein, and released very quickly in CD, DVD and Blu-ray formats.

https://www.sommernachtskonzert.at/index_en.html

Vienna Philharmonic played Williams at Summer Night Concert a few times in previous years.

Three years ago they performed the suite from Dr. Zhivago by Maurice Jarre.