David Lynch developing Wild at Heart series for Netflix

Romão

That article reads like a joke, with all the stuff about the monkey and Netflix throwing money at him

It makes sense for Lynch to work for Netflix. They want productions, they got money, and they allow for a 100% artistic freedom (just ask Scorsese and Snyder).

I was immediately suspicious because I follow a lot of Lynch and Twin Peaks folks on Twitter and hadn't heard a peep, 4 days later.

This is a joke.  If you go to the front page of that website, the header in the browser is "Movie Satire" and the front page includes such kneeslapper headlines as "Tenet was already released 2 years ago" and "Bruce WIllis wakes up."

8 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Unless it is in a trade - it is nonsense. Trades being - Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Wrap, Deadline and Screen.

No! It's based on hope. And we always must have hope!

9 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Unless it is in a trade - it is nonsense. Trades being - Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Wrap, Deadline and Screen.

I've seen people on Facebook go down such a paranoid way of suspicion, they didn't even trust whether articles published from Variety or The Hollywood Reporter were legitimate. I had a tough time explaining to this one mad chap that these were legit and prestige outlets and not the fake news clickbait sites you see with those misleading headlines and fabricated stories made to stoke some desperate fan hope. Bloke still wouldn't believe me.

Only just now I was reading on Facebook about how loads of top celebs (including Oprah, Tom Hanks and Madonna) have been replaced by stand-ins; the originals spirited away into secret obscurity to avoid imminent associations with some giant institutionalised Hollywood nonce ring. It's mind-blowing how much traction these frankly brilliant stories get with conspiracy loonys.

• 2 months later...