Indiana Jones vs. Star Wars vs. Harry Potter

Bellosh

Which John Williams trilogy is your favorite?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which trilogy of scores is your favorite?

• Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade)
    • Star Wars OT (A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi)
    • Star Wars PT (Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith)
    • Star Wars DT (The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, The Rise of Skywalker)
    • Harry Potter (Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban)

On 7/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, Quintus said:

Indiana Jones. I don't like Star Wars anymore and I never saw all of Harry Potter.

But I'll probably still watch The Mandalorian, because it doesn't look like traditional SW all that much.

This is a thread and poll about the scores, not the actual movies

13 hours ago, rough cut said:

What about the Oliver Stone trilogy?

If they all had returning themes it's possible, but we know that's not and couldn't be the case.

On 7/11/2020 at 12:19 AM, Bellosh said:

Let's add Indy to the mix.

(Jaws, Jurassic Park and Home Alone franchises looking on from the outside. Just 1 shy!)

I chose Indiana Jones.

Well, you are already making IJ a trilogy when it is not--why not call the others trilogies?  

I mean, it's his poll, and he wants to rank these things against each other, and not those other things

You could do the poll you describe as a separate thread if you wanted to

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

I mean, it's his poll, and he wants to rank these things against each other, and not those other things

You could do the poll you describe as a separate thread if you wanted to

It just seems a bit strange to call IJ a trilogy is all.  

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It is, if we're counting only the non-shitty entries.

Maybe, but I consider the score to KotCS better than at least two of the entries on the list.  

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

It just seems a bit strange to call IJ a trilogy is all.  

Not to me.

To be clear, I like the score to Indy 4 a lot, but completely understand why the poll is specifically comparing these 5 trilogies against each other without bringing it or other franchises into the mix

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Well, you are already making IJ a trilogy when it is not--why not call the others trilogies?  

Because John Williams didn't score Jaws 3, JP 3, ect ect.

This poll is JW scores of trilogies with returning themes.

KOTCS was the one odd ball that I felt didn't need to be included, because the first 3 Indy movies are widely renown as a trilogy. (and I'm saying this as one of the biggest KOTCS movie & score fans there is.)

Regardless, SW OT is just crushing it.  Honestly thought Indy had a better chance.  Maybe some of the votes for the PT and Harry Potter would've gone to Indy, but I doubt it.

On 7/13/2020 at 10:46 AM, King Mark said:

No, Indy 4 (in complete form) is vastly underrated. 

Yes, it comes down to me not liking seeing this score shortchanged (though I did not need to be stupid about it).  I get the movie is terrible, but why should that be relevant to how the score is evaluated?  Incidentally, I think the score (not necessarily the OST) is better than AofC, CoS, TLJ, and TRoS, in terms of the listed movies.  If it wasn't for Rey's theme, it would be better than TFA as well.  

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yes, it comes down to me not liking seeing this score shortchanged (though I did not need to be stupid about it).  I get the movie is terrible, but why should that be relevant to how the score is evaluated?  Incidentally, I think the score (not necessarily the OST) is better than AofC, CoS, TLJ, and TRoS, in terms of the listed movies.  If it wasn't for Rey's theme, it would be better than TFA as well.  

I don't think you were being stupid about it, and I didn't mean to shortchange the movie/score at all.  I honestly just wanted it to be trilogy vs trilogy vs. trilogy vs. trilogy.

I love KOTCS, both movie and score, but it felt right to just keep it out.

With all the previous polls including Star Wars, I just wanted to see if Indy could hold a candle to the OT.  And I was proven wrong, and I don't think the addition of KOTCS would've helped.  So it was intentionally skewed to get the best results for Indy. :yes:

The Original Trilogy wins for me. After that I'm not so sure... Maybe Indiana Jones, but Im not so sure. I can defend also Indy 4, I like the score quite a lot and although the movie is weak I don't think is totally rubbish (actually I prefer it than TROS, ATOC or ROTS, 3 movies that I find very dull...).

also love the Sequel Trilogy scores more than the Prequels for sure and I'm not sure at all were to put HP... POA is excellent and one of the best scores from all these trilogies.

I'd rank these trilogy of scores this way, personally

1 Indiana Jones

2 Star Wars OT

3 Harry Potter

4 Star Wars ST

5 Star Wars PT