Bear McCreary's ANIMAL CRACKERS (2020)

Jay

There's very few new film scores of the 2020s that will receive a physical release, and vinyl will be more likely than CD for all of them.  Don't let that stop you from listening to it right now!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

There's very little new film scores of the 2020s that will receive a physical release.  Don't let that stop you from listening to it right now!

I'd have to buy it first, and I'd rather buy a physical release, *especially* with that cover. But I suppose I'll have to settle for buying the download sooner or later.

But that's the point, you don't have to pay upfront to listen to it right now. Spotify, for example, is free. Then after hearing it, if you like it, you can buy it. 

There's no reason to delay your first listen whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

But that's the point, you don't have to pay upfront to listen to it right now. Spotify, for example, is free. Then after hearing it, if you like it, you can buy it. 

There's no reason to delay your first listen whatsoever. 

I forget that I've got a free Spotify account somewhere, because it's so unusable for regular listening (random track order and no way to play a single track, as far as I remember?) that I never use it.

Also I've got this absurd habit where if I get something on CD, I prefer not to listen to it before I've physically got it. Which of course shouldn't matter when there's unlikely to ever be a physical release, but since when do habits have to make sense.

For some reason that wouldn't play in HD for me, so here it is on youtube, which did play in HD for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cool! Good thing I never picked up the digital version - although that's one of my issues with digital only releases: If you prefer a physical release (like I do) and don't want to double dip, you can't buy it until you can be sure there won't be a physical release down the road.

The Intrada link doesn't work by the way.

I have no particular interest in this film or score, but I like the fact that McCreary is showing off his Maintitles kazoo in the video above. We gave that to him at a festival years ago. I have one too, but mine is orange.

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2020 at 4:31 PM, Jay said:

Looks like this is getting a physical release after all, by Sony Classical

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07FGCX8FJ

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.12252/.f

I ordered this from Amazon on October 14th and it just arrived Friday!

The back of the CD mentions both Sony Classical and Sparks and Shadows