The Basket Game

I was listening to The Basket Game yesterday. (surprise surprise) and it was right before i was going to sleep, so I had headphones on and it was as quiet at possible. When I got to the end the MILISECOND before the track ended i swear i heard someone talk or say something. Can anyone confirm this for me? It might help to do what I did and use headphones and make sure its really quiet. Also make sure the music is loud because the speaking is very quiet. Tell me what you think...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to The Basket Game yesterday. (surprise surprise) and it was right before i was going to sleep, so I had headphones on and it was as quiet at possible.  When I got to the end the MILISECOND before the track ended i swear i heard someone talk or say something.  Can anyone confirm this for me?  It might help to do what I did and use headphones and make sure its really quiet.  Also make sure the music is loud because the speaking is very quiet.  Tell me what you think...

What were you eating for dinner that night?? I'll give this a good listen when I get home today.

I heard it. It's very faint and it's at the very last moment in the track. It sounds almost like the voice is... Williams.

Ted

Well I know some recordings in which you can hear some people dropping their drumsticks. I think that's very stupid keeping that in a recording. It sounds very unprofessional. They put a lot of money in such a recording. Money is invested in very good layers, everything is perfect and then....

dropping sticks ROTFLMAO

Which recording in particular are you talking about?

Nevermind i found it and heard it as well.... hmmmmmm the plot thickens!!!!!

on the AotC Soundtrack,somewhere near the end of "Departing Coruscant", i could swear i hear someone who coughs. Could this be?

I don't know about that, but I know there's some creaking at the end of Journey to the Island (Jurassic Park). And I believe you can also hear someone inhaling at the end, when the chopper flies into the distance.

- Marc

ROTFLMAO Hymn to the Fallen from Saving Private Ryan

If you listen very carefully during "The Little People Work" on the Star Wars soundtrack, you can hear the sqeaking of a chair. Its quite distinct and once you notice it you'll always hear it.

I listened to Raiders and it sounds like someone saying "moment" and it seems possible that it might be Williams.

There is a short bit of talking and orchestra noise on track 19, "Climbing the Mountain" on the expanded Close Encounters. It can be heard around 2 minutes into the track.

Neil

I always enjoy any occassion to show off my geeky knowledge: there's a little noise somewhere in Duel of the Fates.

Edgar, I heard what you said. How loud do you listen to music on your headphones?

pretty loud. people warn me about it not knowing i dont listen to loud punk rock or rap. i've noticed alot of other things too im just to lazy to type about it as you can tell by my care in following the rules of the english language...

Well I had to turn my speakers up all the way, and lean it real close, but I definitely heard someone talk at the end of Basket Game.

One piece of noise I always remember is on the Star Wars: The Best of Space Music Boston Pops CD. Towards the end of "Adventrues on Earth" somebody drops something and there's a very distinct "ca-chunk". It's sort of become a part of the track for me, and I always notice that it's not there when I listen to "Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye" on the E.T. soundtrack itself.

is there somekind of recording reverb that can make it sound like there's a chorus or something.In AotC it sounds like theres a faint chorus in The Arena and the Finale when the strings play.

K.M.

In the end credits of ET, that fast piano part, you can hear the creaking of the piano bench. In The 13th Warrior at one point (Track 4, maybe?), you can hear a page of music turned, probably the score pages. In Jurassic Park III, somewhere (Track 8, maybe?), you can hear Don Davis yelling TWO THREE FOUR!!! I think. I king of like those sounds. It makes it more real for me. I like the sound of a recording studio, and I'm noting more and more everyday. I don't mind them in the least bit.

~Conor

About 3 minutes into the Main Title from Rudy, you can plainly hear someone (Jerry Goldsmith?) singing a couple notes along with the orchestra.

Glenn Gould, whose recording of the Goldberg Varations is one of my absolute favorite albums, was notorious for singing along with himself during recording sessions. You can hear him all over the place.

There are various instrument noises, breathing, sometimes coughing, creaking chairs etc in all recordings. It's part of what makes the recording sound alive.

How could you hear anything three minutes into Rudy? It's the big finale! I couldn't hear anything.

In Herrmann's David Copperfield you could hear noises a few times. Especialy in echoes.