Motif for the Grail Trials in The Last Crusade?

Bellosh

Is there a possible motif in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, for the deception and trickery of the grail trials.

First heard in 'Father's Study'. 2:05-2:17.  A sorta playful yet sinister sound.  Played shortly after Indy views the 'Path of God' painting in Professor Jones's house.

Then after Indy passes through the first trial, in the unreleased cue, 'Papa Jones is Shot' (2:15-2:38).  It's played much faster.  Barely noticeable in the movie, you need the cue to really hear it.

Am I just hearing things and totally wrong?

It's most likely just a coincidence?

Or could this be a motif for the grail trials deceptiveness?

Interesting, I never picked up on that connection before!

That X Marks the Spot bit sounds different though

It's not really a danger motif, it just 3-6 intervals that show up in a lot of Williams scores

2:29 of Jones is Shot

0:46 of Austrian Way

0:45:

22 hours ago, Holko said:

You may be onto a less specifically associated .. thing (less than a motif, more like a recurring setting), it definitely appears more throughout the score:

That bit plays as soon as Indy opens the grail diary to compare the stained glass window!

It sounds like it's in the family of the 2 bits in my original post, and even those I will admit don't seem to be exact, but very, very similar. 

I adhere to the fact, that if JW wanted us to know about a motif for the grail trials, it would have been in the blimp scene when Indy and his dad discuss the trials.  But I like to think JW was being conscientious with these little bits of music during these particular scenes.  The grail trials had a sense of mischief, and a very obvious malicious intent to the them.  And these 'playful' bits reveal that.

I'm probably looking too much into it, but I'm okay with that.

8 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Thanks everyone reminding me we dont haver this score in good quality-complete form :p

Eventually MM will grace these scores.

The bootleg sound gives me a weird nostalgic feeling though.