Who's the most awesome OANI*?

Jurassic Shark

Who's the most awesome OANI*?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the most awesome OANI*?

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

Ian Holm. In fact, he's my third favourite actor of all time.

After McDiarmid and McKellen, I presume. ;)

In fact, I almost voted for him - it was either him or one of the two other guys.

43 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

After McDiarmid and McKellen, I presume. ;)

In fact, I almost voted for him - it was either him or one of the two other guys.

After Nicholson and Hopkins. McKellen is great, but McDiarmid is fairly overrated. I basically only know him from the Emperor and the tiny role in SLEEPY HOLLOW; I'm not even sure what he does on that list with the other two, other than a similar first name. The quality gap is tremendous.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

After Nicholson and Hopkins.

Interesting. We have the same top 3.

But maybe it's the world that has the same top 3.

Next I would go with Richard Burton, who came from the same town as Hopkins and was his main inspiration to become not only an actor, but became emulated by Hopkins down to the speech mannerisms. The "Anthony Hopkins" style is actually Richard Burton style, as I learned while watching the TV film about Wagner with the latter in the main role.

Then I would go with Alec Guiness. His string of films of the 1940s and 1950s proves he could play anything even when not looking the part.

That's my top 5. What would make yours?

All three are great actors. Heard some nasty things about McKellen from those who worked with him in his theatre days, claiming he was bossy, rude etc. Kind of put a downer on me when I heard that, however I still believe he is a great actor. 

I guess that's the thing with celebrities, some of them are brilliant artists, but lousy people, and others are humble, friendly and open through and through.