Who's met John Williams?

Naïve Old Fart

I met him in my dream once, but when I asked him for an autograph I couldn't find a pen! One of the more disappointing dreams, but if it would've gone through, I would've been more disappointed when I woke up!

Nicest person on earth, if you're not an asshole. I saw him have to sneak out a side entrance of Symphony Hall in Boston once to get away from some people, and some woman tried ti get into his car. Another time I he was being followed by some creeps from his hotel and his driver did some crazy driving pulling into Symphony Hall while these creeps sped away and the cops followed them.

I've met him several times in Bahstin.

This is the only known photo from a decade ago, taken with a terrible phone camera. However, you can still tell it's him and me somehow. I really miss the Levi's shirt I'm wearing here, but not the Beatles hairstyle.

FB_IMG_1597513316028.jpg

8 hours ago, Arpy said:

I met him in my dream once

Well, I had a period about 10 or more years ago, where I met him a couple of times in my dreams (after having met him for real, see below) - and those were quite funny dreams: Interesting locations in England and elsewhere, strange architecture, interesting people, likewise journeys - and the funniest bit: In the later dreams I greeted him after the concert right there in the hall which looked like a small auditorium for medicine lectures (!) and he recognised me and we continued (!) conversations or alluded to some others we've "had" in the dreams/concerts  months before. :)

7 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

The closest I got was on the other side of a closed door, at The Barbican, waiting, with a lot of other fans, while he signed CDs, record albums, etc.

When was that? Because that's how I met him briefly (but it left a big impression nonetheless) after the concert at the Barbican in 1996. He was very, very sweet, friendly, and amazing to talk to for those couple of sentences. *sigh*

Your story happened to me after the "Goldsmith at 70" concert in Edinburgh in 1999 - we waited and had fun at the artist's entrance after the concert, since he was known to get in contact with his fans, even more so than John Williams at the time - little did we know that he returned directly to his hotel that night to continue working (!) on The Mummy.

18 hours ago, Arpy said:

I met him in my dream once, but when I asked him for an autograph I couldn't find a pen! One of the more disappointing dreams, but if it would've gone through, I would've been more disappointed when I woke up!

I met him in a dream also.

We attended a concert together😊

12 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

In that case no, but I've met Thor, and he has looked at JW with his very own eyes. So yes, I've basically met the man.

Thor has had countless dreams also.

So, he may have trouble differentiating;)

2 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

I met him in a dream also.

We attended a concert together😊

Thor has had countless dreams also.

So, he may have trouble differentiating;)

He, he. Yes, he's figured in a number of my dreams, per this ol' FSM thread: https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=1123&forumID=1&archive=0

I've never met John Williams, but I've been pretty darn close. Not at Hollywood Bowl in 2012 (too far away from the stage!), but in Boston in 2014. Both outside the artist entrance, as well as just 2-3 meters from the stage during the concert. At the end of said concert, I - as the only person in the crowd - gave him a thumbs up. He saw me, we locked eyes and he gave me a thumbs up back. That's the closest I'll ever get, I guess.

19 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I've met him several times in Bahstin.

This is the only known photo from a decade ago, taken with a terrible phone camera. However, you can still tell it's him and me somehow. I really miss the Levi's shirt I'm wearing here, but not the Beatles hairstyle.

FB_IMG_1597513316028.jpg

You sure this isn't just some people queueing to enter a museum?

20 hours ago, Chewy said:

2020-08-15_18-53-14.gif

Perfect.

23 hours ago, karelm said:

I hung out with him for a week! Was star struck but started to get past that and focus on his technique and what he's like as a person which became one of the greatest experiences of my life.

What the hell man, a week?! 

Tell us more!!

42 minutes ago, Quintus said:

You sure this isn't just some people queueing to enter a museum?

It may look like a crappy old Polaroid from a serial killer's house, but I swear it's JW signing my copy of the Minority Report OST.

11 minutes ago, stravinsky said:

1999 - 2005

So you sang on all three. Nice!

2 minutes ago, Biodome said:

My mom told me not to speak to strangers, so no.

Actually, John Williams was looking for you this other day, but I said the same thing.

I also had several dream encounters with the maestro. One in particular comes to mind. I've met him in a crowd of people on some pier (or something like that). He was extremely friendly and polite, as you can imagine, but he was constantly looking around distracted. It took me a moment to realise that he was cruising for bearded bear-type men in the area and I was interrupting him with my needy geekiness. 

It's one of these dreams that seem perfectly normal and I was very happy to meet the man...but only when I woke up it suddenly felt strange to me that there was this guy there that was playing with JW's nipples while we were discussing the possibility of releasing the expanded Star Wars sets. 😂

Inception.gif

Needless to say, I wasn't sure how to feel when I woke up.

Karol

6 hours ago, crocodile said:

It's one of these dreams that seem perfectly normal and I was very happy to meet the man...but only when I woke up it suddenly felt strange to me that there was this guy there that was playing with JW's nipples while we were discussing the possibility of releasing the expanded Star Wars sets. 😂

If only he got his priorities sorted, then we could have expanded SW sets.

6 hours ago, crocodile said:

Was it by any chance William Ross?

14 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

If only he got his priorities sorted, then we could have expanded SW sets.

Hey man, I tried!

13 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Was it by any chance William Ross?

Looked more like Basil Poledouris.

Karol