Chorus On Jurassic Park.

QE2

I have never understood why the chorus was not included in the Jurassic Park suite. I think it adds depth and beauty to the main theme. As far as I know it has only been recorded twice on the original soundtrack and the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra recording of the main theme.

Did JW not like it?

It probably wasn't included so that a standard symphony orchestra could play it.  (I suppose it could have been included as "optional".)  Also, the way Williams structured the Signature Edition suite, the main theme segues into the island fanfare, so the chorus would only be needed for half the piece.

23 hours ago, QE2 said:

I have never understood why the chorus was not included in the Jurassic Park suite. I think it adds depth and beauty to the main theme. As far as I know it has only been recorded twice on the original soundtrack and the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra recording of the main theme.

Did JW not like it?

It wasn't included most likely for practical reasons, since it's used primarily to enhance a colour and it's not essential for the sense of the piece. It's much more affordable for orchestras to play the piece if the choir isn't mandatory for the performance (anyway, several choral pieces by JW like Duel of the Fates or Hymn to the Fallen are allowed to be performed without choir, as it's usually noted on the published version).

20 hours ago, Tom said:

I posted this in some other thread a while back, but here is a really nice version that includes the chorus for both the hymn-portion and the end.

The choral part here isn't from the original score, but most likely unofficially transcribed by an arranger (the overall performance is quite lackluster, anyway).