Has JW ever mentioned Tchaikovsky in an interview?

Fabulin

Williams has mentioned many great composers over the years that inspired or influenced him, or whom he likes or admires, but I don't recall any instance of him talking about Pyotr Tchaikovsky, even though they probably share the podium for the most great tunes written, and many similarities in excellence of their music. Even a score as mature as TROS has something of a Tchaikovsky call-back:

The greatest example would be the recently brought into focus Across the Stars and its orchestrational indebtedness to the theme from Swan Lake, which might have been a result of a Lucas temp or not. Or the "Nutcracker mode" he enters when facing a material like Home Alone or the first Harry Potter.

I know Williams has said a few times that he had been an admirer of the Russian composers Stravinsky, Shostakovich, and Prokofiev in his youth, but did he ever mention Tchaikovsky?

I would imagine Tchaikovsky's name may have come up during interviews regarding Home Alone, with it's heavily Nutcracker-esque score.

5 hours ago, Matt S. said:

I would imagine Tchaikovsky's name may have come up during interviews regarding Home Alone, with it's heavily Nutcracker-esque score.

Indeed. I actually seem to have a vague memory of him mentioning this in an interview. But I can't recall which one at the moment.