The Rise of Skywalker: Have you seen it?

The Rise of Skywalker: Have you seen it?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. The Rise of Skywalker: Have you seen it?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are my first impressions from back when:   ...and BOY(EGA) HOWDY, that went much better than I had anticipated. Since I'm dead on my feet, just three observations:   1) Good t

Here are my first impressions from back when:

...and BOY(EGA) HOWDY, that went much better than I had anticipated. Since I'm dead on my feet, just three observations:

1) Good thing I went into this film blind, because surprises are just so much more fun that way.

2) "I just want to see Kylo Ren lose! 

3) Saw him. Almost jumped out of my chair!  

Also, for this one, two friends and I drove half an hour to see the film in English (they are usually dubbed over here). Then, because of fucking course, right during that scene with, uhm, a big stroke of lightning, the entire sound system blew out. It worked great for about 30 seconds, until we noticed that it wasn't supposed to be this way.  Finished the film after a short break, now in the dubbed version. Movie theatre bloke told us that in 20 years, nothing like that ever happened to him. Well, there's a first time for everything, I suppose, and it definitely added to the night being a memorable one!

So...a greatly entertaining venture. Also a rather wistful one, as there will never be another new John Williams Star Wars score to hear and enjoy. That "first time" feeling is just magical, and I'm glad to have had it again with those friends, 20 years after we began that tradition in the summer of 1999 with The Phantom Menace.

Just wanted to share that with you while it's still fresh. More coherent thoughts on film and score after a good night's sleep.