Westlake College of Music

JW Fan

Does anyone know about the Westlake College of Music that existed in California until the early 1960's. I heard that is was centered around popular music and also taught the Schillinger method of composition. Dick Grove taught there for a time and Henry Mancini was also a student there after getting out of the service. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is this which you can read for free after registering.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/43958416?seq=1

I think it is probably something like the Mancini institute which was a training ground for big band writers, arrangers, and performers.

• 1 year later...
On 23/08/2020 at 7:33 PM, JW Fan said:

Does anyone know about the Westlake College of Music that existed in California until the early 1960's. I heard that is was centered around popular music and also taught the Schillinger method of composition. Dick Grove taught there for a time and Henry Mancini was also a student there after getting out of the service. 

I wonder if there is an educational institution there now? And were there any subjects at Westlake College of Music not related to music but to general education?

For me music is more of a hobby and I don't go to a specialized music school or college. I study in a regular college and I have periods when I spend all my time studying and not practicing music at all. At such moments I am very sad. My friend, who also wants to have time for something other than studying, recommended me one great site to complete difficult tasks faster. I have already tried it once and I liked how this service performs assignments. It gave me the opportunity to play instruments and I am very happy about it!