Anybody else got several expanded soundtracks lying around that you haven't had enough time/interest to listen to yet?

Jurassic Shark

3 hours ago, Bellosh said:

giphy.gif

Well I could have named. LION KING... DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, OHMSS, YOLT ....GBU, DYS, AFOD, STII, WIND AND LION.. and many more.

But, I think the topic refers to more recent LLL, INTRADA , VSD c & c expansions

On 8/25/2020 at 8:34 AM, bruce marshall said:

I refuse to believe any sane human being has listened to THREE

discs of WYATT EARP.

I usually find the full score too much, and consume it in bits, now and then.

As for disc 3, I switched out the 'Wedding' track for the alternate, and one or two of the demos are interesting (my love for library music means I like a lot of synth music), but other than that, I have no need for disc 3.

As an overall rule, I have so much music now, that having time to listen to anything in detail is an achievement. I spent most of a couple of weeks ago listening to Imagine Dragons. Scores didn't get a look in.

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

I usually find the full score too much, and consume it in bits, now and then.

That's one of the things I've always wanted to ask 'expansion fans'. Do they listen to the whole thing from start to finish, or do they listen in a peacemeal fashion?

For me, it's piecemeal - just knowing I have my favourite moments there when I want them. I very rarely listen to an entire score start to finish. Usually on car journeys, which have been fewer and further between recently.

I don’t know if I’d call myself an expansion fan because I often end up preferring the shorter presentation, but for me it depends on the nature of the score and my affection for it.  I could listen to the complete LLL ET because I really appreciate the way that score builds - a very different experience than the OST.  But do I get a particular rise out of sitting down for a few hours and listening to the complete Minority Report?  Not particularly, and certainly not over the summary album.

On 8/26/2020 at 12:29 PM, Thor said:

Help! This thread is now about both expanded releases AND Giacchino! Quickly, someone show me the exit door, please! ;)

Believe it or not, Thor, your cult now has its first loyal practitioner. At least with respect to C&C stuff.

*Board members' missiles imminent - commence evasive maneuvers"

4 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Yeah, expansions tend to get over-hyped in this forum. When I buy expansions it's not primarily for the listening experience, but for the additional interesting tracks.

But.....but....

The expansion gives the " score a chance to breathe"!

😎

3 hours ago, mstrox said:

Thor's not alone in his opinion, but he stands alone in his militancy. 

I agree about the desirability of a rewarding listening experience.

But, many osts leave off key cues that are essential to the listening experience.

Putting alot of 25 second cues on there is just absurd.

Ha ha, I was about to get kind of a bad conscience, because I've bought a couple of CDs that I haven't really listened to yet. I often buy limited releases right away, so that I don't have to worry about them going out of print. But I didn't know that there are so many people that buy shitloads of CDs just to let them collect dust.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:59 AM, Thor said:

Help! This thread is now about both expanded releases AND Giacchino! Quickly, someone show me the exit door, please! ;)

A little Star Wars is missing for the deadly dosis of we-already-had-that-topic.