Will we see another Spielberg/Williams Collaboration?

Josh500

Will we see another Spielberg/Williams Collaboration?   

50 members have voted

1. 1. Will we see another Spielberg/Williams Collaboration?

• Yes, I think so.
    • No, I don't think so. "The Post" was the last.

Munich - who the fuck thinks that one belongs on this list?

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - good score and decent movie

The Adventure of Tintin - good score and decent movie

War Horse - excellent score and excellent movie

Lincoln - excellent score and good movie

The BFG - decent score and okay movie

The Post - good score and okay movie

There simply is nothing terrible.

I will say Munich is an excellent movie, it has one of the greatest Spielberg scenes:

The video quality is very low but you get the idea. The score is fine but not memorable.

If there is gonna be a fourth volume of the Spielberg/Williams Collaboration, I hope that it should have some cues from Artificial Intelligence and the two episodes of Amazing Stories that Steven direct. Not to mention an extended version of the theme song too. Those haven't been use for the Signature Edition. 

2 hours ago, NewBlueEyes said:

If there is gonna be a fourth volume of the Spielberg/Williams Collaboration, I hope that it should have some cues from Artificial Intelligence and the two episodes of Amazing Stories that Steven direct. Not to mention an extended version of the theme song too. Those haven't been use for the Signature Edition. 

Well, if there's a 4th album, I would want a cue from all of the missing collaborations - and perhaps most importantly the completely unreleased A TIMELESS CALL. The other unreleased score, SUGARLAND, already had the theme on Vol. 1.

I would of course also love to see either something like a documentary by Spielberg about John Williams work for the concert hall or even a bio pic. Both would musically be based on existing material. But still would like to see something like this. 

But maybe Spielberg would be too much involved emotionally for such kind of films. When I just think about Cate Capshaw in Indy2.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:51 PM, DrTenma said:

I will say Munich is an excellent movie, it has one of the greatest Spielberg scenes:

The video quality is very low but you get the idea. The score is fine but not memorable.

Yeah, love this scene. 

Munich actually features some of the fanciest and most complex single Spielberg shots ever... I know many don't know this. There's another shot which takes place inside a car with the assassins sitting inside (making use of the rear view mirror), which stuck in my mind.