Original Trilogy inserts 2.0

mxsch

Since my first thread was ignored in July, here is another one. I've asked about list of inserts like we have for all three Indy movies, but it seems I need to make it by myself.

I don't think that ANH have inserts, ESB only ommited music, to my knowledge.

So, I will check all ROTJ music against picture and will do list of all inserts, but I need your help for start.

Just write what you remember, like Father and Son insert in Bounty for a Wookiee and e.t.c.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:06 PM, Jay said:

Quite funny to see the evolution from straightforward to complex cue lists as the trilogy continued.

All capped off 40 years later with Episode IX's nightmarish cue list, that probably wakes Williams in the night with a cold sweat :lol:

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Quite funny to see the evolution from straightforward to complex cue lists as the trilogy continued.

All capped off 40 years later with Episode IX, with a nightmarish cue list that probably wakes Williams in the night with a cold sweat :lol:

I prefer OT way with minimum of changes.

50 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Personally I prefer these wildly complex scores knowing there's a bounty of bonus material for expansions.

Hopefully expansions will come out :) 

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

They'll just re-package the RCA special edition albums for as long as they can.

Only the diseased maniacs known as SW fans could possibly be unhappy with two discs per film.

This site is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

You make me sick to my stomach!😠

20200802_143714.jpg

10 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Only the diseased maniacs known as SW fans could possibly be unhappy with two discs per film.

This site is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

You make me sick to my stomach!😠

20200802_143714.jpg

Empire suffers from horrible Brian Risner remixes of some cues, ROTJ horribly EQ'd to death. ANH is cool btw.

For the best Empire experience you need to check Imperial Audiophile Edition by ABC, which uses multiple sources to beef up sound as possible as it can be done. Sounds absolutely magnificent. What about ROTJ, stick to Anthology or try to find Trent's/Vosk edit, my compilation, using multiple sources is avaliable in place where you can get it, you know what I'm talking about.

Here is excerpt from Malone Digital's Recording SW Saga article:

The 2CD Special Edition remixes of The Empire Strikes Back score were made in 1996 by Brian Risner from the 24-track backup tapes. The remixes are identifiable by their distortion-free yet dry, bunched and uninvolving sound with “City in the Clouds”, the “Main Title” and “Hyperspace” examples of the one-dimensional balance. For “City in the Clouds” the brasses are centred, the horns placed to the right and most of the strings, including doublebasses, positioned in the centre. For “Hyperspace” the distinctive, propulsive nature of the strings is almost lost as most are located centrally rather than traversing the stereo field. The celeste at the introduction of “Yoda and The Force” is almost inaudible. In comparison, “The Imperial Probe / Aboard the Executor” and “Mynock Cave” offer Eric Tomlinson at the top of his game with enveloping and impeccably balanced sound.

2 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

There are so many UNRELEASED scores, so many truly deserving expansion.

Demanding yet another redo of SW is....is.... DECADENT, DAMMTT!

Have a nice day😊

Star Wars is the biggest JW work, his masterpiece. And we still waiting for ultimate releases of the whole Skywalker Saga. So what about other soundtracks? SW owns them all, even LOTR, because how complex it is. You know other 9 movies with over 20 hours of music composed by genius himself?

1 minute ago, bruce marshall said:

You just don't get it. Do you?

No, YOU just don't get it, darling. Nobody cares about some obscure unreleased scores of which 2.5 people heard of. That's why they are unreleased.

Why it's so many years gone and I'm still in need to stick to the fan works if I want to listen to the prequel scores, for example? Is it so hard for Disney and Lucasfilm to release proper versions of Indy's soundtracks and SW? No. So where they are? Same goes to the unaltered versions of the Original Trilogy.

2 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

If we can have every cue from Far and Away, we can have every cue from Star Wars

Don't you. have them already? What is out there that is so important that you desperately need yet another SW reissue?

You can't always get what you want

6 minutes ago, Holko said:

It's a fucking disgrace these scores still don't have the proper releases they deserve. Nobody wants those obscure unreleased scores beside you and a tiny cadre of insatiable unsatisfiable entitled fanatics.

With the 9 films done and the 'Skywalker Saga' complete(?)....there's simply no excuses anymore for some Disney execs to get with MM and finally do this.

But I wouldn't put it past the Mouse®™ to milk the fucking shit out of these.

4 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Don't you. have them already? What is out there that is so important that you desperately need yet another SW reissue?

You can't always get what you want

I don't want another SW reissue, I'd like all the music that's in the films (especially the Prequels) to get an official Mike Matessino treatment.

I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan, just the music really, and even then it's still pretty casual, not as bloodthirsty as you may think I am.

It's the principle at this point.

You say you love the music.

I do too.

But , I'm able to actually enjoy and appreciate what we have.

None of seem capable of enjoying this wonderful music unless everything is " perfect" , or what you consider perfection.

It's really pretty sad to never be satisfied.

My sympathies

25 minutes ago, Holko said:

Looking at your average post, it does seem really hard to imagine that you'd ever understand the concept of standards.

The RotJ SE is one of the worst sounding pieces of shit ever to come out officially.

4 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

With the 9 films done and the 'Skywalker Saga' complete(?)....there's simply no excuses anymore for some Disney execs to get with MM and finally do this.

But I wouldn't put it past the Mouse®™ to milk the fucking shit out of these.

I don't want another SW reissue, I'd like all the music that's in the films (especially the Prequels) to get an official Mike Matessino treatment.

I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan, just the music really, and even then it's still pretty casual, not as bloodthirsty as you may think I am.

It's the principle at this point.

I thought we were talking about the original trilogy?

I don't care about the rest.

Just now, Holko said:

The RotJ SE is one of the worst sounding pieces of shit ever to come out officially.

Don't care.

Crappy film, mediocre score

Prequel scores can beat the shit out from very big amount of scores. Because how they are intense in orchestrations and e.t.c. You really a fool.

Check Chase through the Coruscant and shut the fuck up, boomer, this is the best action cue ever.

You say you love the music.

I do too.

But , I'm able to actually enjoy and appreciate what we have.

None of seem capable of enjoying this wonderful music unless everything is " perfect" , or what you consider perfection.

It's really pretty sad to never be satisfied.

My sympathies

You are also wrong with that sentiment as well, I appreciate the heck out of what I have, and if that's what I would only have for the rest of time, then I'd be disappointed for maybe a few minutes, and carry on my lovely way with what I do have.

But again, if Minority Report can be expanded with every cue, so can Revenge of the Sith.

3 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Well then, why do you care if someone else wants it?

5 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

You are also wrong with that sentiment as well, I appreciate the heck out of what I have, and if that's what I would only have for the rest of time, then I'd be disappointed for maybe a few minutes, and carry on my lovely way with what I do have.

But again, if Minority Report can be expanded with every cue, so can Revenge of the Sith.

He is just an old boomer that way too conservative to try prequel scores. Or he is just a hater of prequels overall. Pathetic and childish.

Expanded ROTS is a fire, by the way. Dark, suspensful, epic, feelingful. Surely most underrated after AOTC.

3 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

Well, I'm old enough to have been thrilled to buy TWO LP set of SW during its original run. Soundtracks NEVER, EVER got two discs.

Then they were expanded at least TWICE on CD.

I never once felt pangs of hunger for any " missing" music.

Never was upset over mixes, eq, sound fields.

You have it so good and don't know even know it.

Isn't everybody?😁

Prequels was re-introduced for people because of memes and how much Disney trilogy sucked. In Russia, I'm from this country, people always loved it, because that was trilogy people grew up with, since it was shown in cinemas on initial release, and our voice dub fixed all horrible acting.

"Back in my day ya young geezers, we had to tie out horses to a wheel and make them go round to turn the record under the needle! Therefore they must always be stuck in terrible releases no matter what because I says so goddammit!"

I criticized a mindset prevalent among fandom.

Idiot.

Go play with your Princess Leia doll.

Don't have one. Send it for me. I prefer Hot Toys.

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

"Back in my day ya young geezers, we had to tie out horses to a wheel and make them go round to turn the record under the needle! Therefore they must always be stuck in terrible releases no matter what because I says so goddammit!"

Stick to personal insults.

You have no gift for comedy.

I criticized a mindset prevalent among fandom.

A mindset miles and miles better than brainless resignation and blindly accepting any shit that they shovel down your mouth for the 20th time instead of taking an opportunity for doing them properly for the first time in history.

1 minute ago, Holko said:

A mindset miles and miles better than brainless resignation and blindly accepting any shit that they shovel down your mouth for the 20th time instead of taking an opportunity for doing them properly for the first time in history.

What constitutes " properly"?

This is what I'm getting at.

Millions of fans have purchased these scores . Most are pretty satisfied.

You're asking for something that is impossible to achieve:.a release that makes everyone happy.

So, enjoy what we have.

You'll be happier!

And a release that doesn't sound like trash. A release just like all the others MM is doing, that is not just a relic of those ancient days before they figured it out.