Original Trilogy inserts 2.0

mxsch

Geez . People are so touchy.

It's not that important in the larger scheme of things.

Just now, Bellosh said:

Pretty soon I'm gonna walk a C&C version with this thread, liner notes and all.

Just stick to the OT.

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

C'mon, that was funny! 

I try.

34 minutes ago, mxsch said:

Prequel scores can beat the shit out from very big amount of scores. Because how they are intense in orchestrations and e.t.c. You really a fool.

Check Chase through the Coruscant and shut the fuck up, boomer, this is the best action cue ever.

YOU started this thread about THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY.

This is what we are discussing

Btw why do care what I think ?

9 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Geez . People are so touchy.

It's not that important in the larger scheme of things.

Just stick to the OT.

I try.

YOU started this thread about THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY.

This is what we are discussing

Btw why do care what I think ?

Thread have no purpose now because I've already done what was intended. You can check it. btw.

1 hour ago, Bellosh said:

With the 9 films done and the 'Skywalker Saga' complete(?)....there's simply no excuses anymore for some Disney execs to get with MM and finally do this.

But I wouldn't put it past the Mouse®™ to milk the fucking shit out of these.

It's not profitable to release these things. Repackaging is much easier and apparently more financially viable. The people who option these repackages and remasters don't give a flying fuck about them, as far as they're concerned, Star Wars fans will buy anything regardless of completeness.

Yeah, just like how they just reissued the old OST masters again instead of rebuilding them from new scans they could use for complete releases too.

Just now, Jurassic Shark said:

Actually, the newest OST releases weren't from the OST masters. The digital-only releases done by Sony in 2016 were of the OST masters, and they are of much better overall quality.

whoosh

At this point, someone should just fund a complete re-recording of the OT scores by the LSO. They should have done that when the Special Editions came out. Trying to make the original recordings sound perfect keeps creating more problems.

41 minutes ago, Drew said:

At this point, someone should just fund a complete re-recording of the OT scores by the LSO. They should have done that when the Special Editions came out. Trying to make the original recordings sound perfect keeps creating more problems.

I assure you it's very possible if they still have first-generation elements in decent condition, but there's only one person on earth I trust to get the job done properly (and we all know who that is).

And with all the botched releases over the years, I'm sure the drive to "get it right, once and for all" would be potent for him.

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

And everybody else, when will you learn to ignore trolls instead of feeding them?  You exacerbate the issue by replying to his troll posts, egging him on, generating a back and forth discussion... where personal insults eventually come out.  

Ignore trolls, and they go away.  Take their bait and start a discourse, and they will continue to come back.  I learned this decades ago.  Why do some many recent JWFanners not know this?

Oh, Great J! (Men In Black 2 reference intended). Ban him for forever, please. I have no idea why he spent 10 years there.

5 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I listen to the GERHARD ESB more than the RCA!

The Gerhardt recording is indeed great, but the complete TESB recording in one of those rare, very long scores that's of consistently sky high quality. We just want a sound quality that matches the quality of the music, and the recent re-release of the OST has shown it's likely possible.

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The Gerhardt recording is indeed great, but the complete TESB recording in one of those rare, very long scores that's consistently of sky high quality. We just want a sound quality that matches the quality of the music, and the recent re-release of the OST has shown it's likely possible.

When you say " OST" are you referring to the LP program mastered from stereo LP masters?

On CD or LP?

2 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

When you say " OST" are you referring to the LP program mastered from stereo LP masters?

No, I'm referring to the recent CD release of the OST, which was mastered from something else than the old OST master. And much of it sounds magnificent, but it's got its own set of issues that's probably due to poor quality control.

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

No, I'm referring to the recent CD release of the OST, which was mastered from something else than the old OST master. And much of it sounds magnificent, but it's got its own set of issues that's probably due to poor quality control.

I can't keep track of all the releases!😗

@bruce marshall I think the main thing you need to understand about us wanting a redo of the OT is not that we want more music necessarily; it's that we want the material in better quality that the botched masters we got in 1997. They went through the trouble of hiring Shawn Murphy to sift through the original tapes and remaster everything from scratch, and we should be able to hear those remasters. Otherwise why would they waste time and money going through all that stuff?

Those 2018 remixes are really a mixed bag. Some edit points are horrible, The Asteroid Field sounds like a mess, but I'm still like it for multiple reasons, very dope choir and orchestra separation in DOTF, percussion in ROTS, ANH sounds very powerful, even ROTJ when original album used actual film mixes, but still. Clones are good too. I'm think that all concert versions better than originals.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:23 AM, Holko said:

Holko, can you add what I've done to your spreadsheet and repost it like our joint work? If yes, I'll need to do last revision

Those are Jay's spreadsheets, not mine. You can tell by the fact that the quotes all say "Jay" and by his name on the top of the sheets.

12 minutes ago, Holko said:

Those are Jay's spreadsheets, not mine. You can tell by the fact that the quotes all say "Jay" and by his name on the top of the sheets.

Oh, I've forgot.

16 hours ago, Jay said:

And everybody else, when will you learn to ignore trolls instead of feeding them?  You exacerbate the issue by replying to his troll posts, egging him on, generating a back and forth discussion... where personal insults eventually come out.  

Ignore trolls, and they go away.  Take their bait and start a discourse, and they will continue to come back.  I learned this decades ago.  Why do some many recent JWFanners not know this?

Jay, check my suggestion about adding my ROTJ analysis to your work.

Those google docs are about showing where to find what Williams wrote on the various CDs.  It's not about detailing how the film's director's altered his music in the final cuts of the films