R.I.P. Diana Rigg

Naïve Old Fart

I've never seen a single episode of The Avengers, but Rigg was the best thing about OHMSS, just as she was one of the highlights of GoT during her time on the show, 45 years later, and in her Doctor Who appearance.

I cannot blame you, season 7 was pretty forgettable for most of it.

I do remember her being hammy though.

Also she was the last GOT character to go out with dignity, may she rest in peace.

Sorry to hear this; 82 is too young these days.

I was never that into old British TV or James Bond etc., so that's a connection I don't have. But I really enjoyed her performance in GAME OF THRONES; perfect sleuthing.

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

Olenna Tyrell has to be, without a shred of doubt, the best performance by a Bond girl ever.  

It's up there, but there are contenders: Sophie Marceau in BEYOND THE CLOUDS, Halle Berry in MONSTER'S BALL, Eva Green in PENNY DREADFUL, Olga Korylenko in TO THE WONDER, Léa Seydoux in BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOUR (maybe the best!) and Monica Belluci in IRREVERSIBLE.

13 hours ago, who cares said:

I have no memory of watching The Crimson Horror, the 2013 episode in which she appeared. 

It’s absolutely worth (re)watching, Rigg devours every scene she is in and nails the pure camp of Gatiss’ script.

What a loss. A wickedly funny person, and it was a privilege to watch her shine in her later years. I’ll always remember seeing Harry Potter fling a condom in her face.