Did you get the expanded The River?

Josh500

Did you get the expanded The River?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the expanded The River?

2. 2. How would you rate the score?

• 5 stars
    • 4,5 stars
    • 4 stars
    • 3,5 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2,5 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1,5 stars
    • 1 star
    • I don't know this score.

That's one release I completely forgot about for some reason. I have the OST album, which I like well enough. 

Not sure whether to get the expanded version, though... Whatchoo guys think? Should I spend 30-40 bucks on this? Right now, with the whole world apparently having turned upside down, everything seems so pointless. The last JW CD I bought was Far and Away! 

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

He, he. Crumbs beat me to it.

The score is a solid '4'. Somewhat underrated, I think. The film is pretty good too.

Love the main title. 

Haven't seen the movie yet, though. 

For me, the score is a solid 3,5.

Haven't seen the film, but gave the OST a listen. Overall I'm just not interested or desperate to get the expanded set. Maybe in the future when it's sold out...

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

Haven't seen the film, but gave the OST a listen. Overall I'm just not interested or desperate to get the expanded set. Maybe in the future when it's sold out...

I gave the OST 5 listens until I grew to love it from an initial heavy disinterest. Love this set, too.

Having only had the Varese recording on an illicit cassette copy from a friend years ago, I jumped at the chance of the expanded version. Sure, it was a lot of money (and even worse when you factor in the ludicrous amount of postage to the UK), but I've not regretted it at all.

I'm not quite as much a completist as many people - I love Far and Away's score, for example, but have no desire to splash out on the recent definitive version when the original CD is so good - so if one of the new releases is good enough for me to buy, that puts it in a minority.

Mark

I bought this day 1 since I did not have it previously in physical form.  I gave it 3.5 stars, decent score, good main theme.  I have yet to see the movie, it's on my Roku feed, just waiting for it to appear somewhere for free, don't feel like paying $3-4 to rent this one.