The Orchestral Sample Library Thread

Drew

After tinkering with it for a bit: yeah, I'd say the mic positions on these instruments are some of the best, even better than Hollywood Symphony's percussion. They give off a quality that's quite like the percussion is several movies I'm familiar with IE Revenge of the Sith.

Reminder that if you don't have it, today (Sunday) is the last day to grab True Strike at 30% off - after tomorrow, True Strike is being discontinued.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting that they give us a demo for Lineage, was not expecting that at all. Is that why it wasn't out on the last Thursday of January, I wonder?

I bought Lineage Percussion.  Sounds great but I hate the instruments are not in concert pitch.  That's fine for unpitched instruments to be middle C but I hate that timpani you have to hit middle C for it to sound two octaves lower.  I hope they include a way to turn this auto-transposition of pitched instruments off or something.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2024 at 3:19 PM, Giftheck said:

Interesting that they give us a demo for Lineage, was not expecting that at all. Is that why it wasn't out on the last Thursday of January, I wonder?

• 3 weeks later...

Nice! I wonder how long that's on for? Because those trombones sound great and I have neither money nor a big enough drive to put them on right now, so I'll have to wait to be able to buy that :P

43 minutes ago, Giftheck said:

Nice! I wonder how long that's on for? Because those trombones sound great and I have neither money nor a big enough drive to put them on right now, so I'll have to wait to be able to buy that :P

Till the 17th.

Ah, then there's no way for me, since I do not get paid until the end of the month 🙃  Pity.

Spitfire Abbey Road Soaring High Strings is on sale over the next couple days. I picked this thing up and no joke, I'm thinking about throwing away my string libraries and using this little patch for 90 percent of my high string stuff. It sounds authentic, the legatos are decent, and the spiccatos perform better than many of my string libraries. It sounds so good that honestly, can anyone really tell or care if the violas are missing? If you pick up the Legendary Low Strings too, you can simplify your string writing to just two tracks.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/abbey-road-one-soaring-high-strings

45 minutes ago, Drew said:

Spitfire Abbey Road Soaring High Strings is on sale over the next couple days. I picked this thing up and no joke, I'm thinking about throwing away my string libraries and using this little patch for 90 percent of my high string stuff. It sounds authentic, the legatos are decent, and the spiccatos perform better than many of my string libraries. It sounds so good that honestly, can anyone really tell or care if the violas are missing? If you pick up the Legendary Low Strings too, you can simplify your string writing to just two tracks.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/abbey-road-one-soaring-high-strings

I have pretty much decided to hold off on buying other orchestra libraries unless:

1: good deal

2: recorded in a studio a famous score was recorded in

So far these AR releases have sounded pretty good to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what instrument is the one that starts at 0.11''?

The written score says "ethnic flute", but it sounds too general to me. If you ask me, it sounds like a duduk? I don't know.

And is there something similar in a sample library?

12 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

Does anyone know what instrument is the one that starts at 0.11''?

The written score says "ethnic flute", but it sounds too general to me. If you ask me, if sounds like a duduk? I don't know.

And is there something similar in a sample library?

Sounds like a Duduk to me as well.

1 hour ago, Faleel said:

I'm gonna need a bigger external drive 😅

• 2 weeks later...