WAR OF THE WORLDS (2005) 2CD edition from Intrada Records 2020

crocodile

4 hours ago, Jay said:

If the tripod siren was on the release, I would never listen to it

Because it's annoying or scary?:lol:

By the way, I just found this cover, which seems to be the new one without the white stripe. So, is it an artifact or is it intended and printed on the booklets or not?:huh:

War Of The Worlds (2CD) (Pre-Order!)

EDIT: Oh well, Intrada changed it on their site as well. So it was an artifact. This was about to be the strangest artwork-related decision ever made.

47 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

By the way, I just found this cover, which seems to be the new one without the white stripe. So, is it an artifact or is it intended and printed on the booklets or not?:huh:

War Of The Worlds (2CD) (Pre-Order!)

EDIT: Oh well, Intrada changed it on their site as well. So it was an artifact. This was about to be the strangest artwork-related decision ever made.

Are they packaging it in a long box?!😳

Yes, but I don't have that luxury since it costs so much more for International mail, I prefer to have at least 3 titles per order. Also it takes more than 2 weeks to reach me. So I thought I'd wait a little more. Casper is still in stock at LLL so Iam hoping Jeff has already ordered more copies. They had it in stock a day before WAR OF THE WORLDS got listed. 

Mine shipped as well, eagerly awaiting its arrival. I just wanted to say how generally all three of the boutique soundtrack labels I've dealt with (LLL, VS and Intrada) have been stellar - I've had zero problems with them, they all ship and package everything well and it makes the collectormaniac inside me appreciate the products more. I'm also thankful to the members of JWFan for keeping me in the loop on releases and keeping us all apprised on everything that makes collecting and listening to these releases all the better!

It was crazy looking at my Intrada account and seeing my past orders  - Alien, Hocus Pocus and Sky High dating back three years and wondering where that time went!

Interesting that the main art doesn't include a picture of Cruise.

Reportedly, SS was pissed at him for all the bad publicity he brought upon himself with his rants against psychiatry and Scientology proselytizing.

SS felt it hurt the film at the box office.

Maybe....

My guess is Tom Cruise's face is too big and threatening on the cover. No one is bigger than the world!

I wonder if he complained and the Spielberg compromised 'Okay Tom, I think I've got a solution: nobody's going to be on the cover...'.

10 minutes ago, Arpy said:

My guess is Tom Cruise's face is too big and threatening on the cover. No one is bigger than the world!

I wonder if he complained and the Spielberg compromised 'Okay Tom, I think I've got a solution: nobody's going to be on the cover...'.

They could have had a Cruise-shaped Earth! In profile, of course. ;)

Karol

6 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

Technically, Cruise is already on the cover, just very, very small.

He still had to approve it personally!

I also bought it yesterday... I was a little bit afraid since my last experiences with shipping CDs from US have been complicated at least. But, anyway, I hope it doesn't take more that 3 months hahahaha

1 hour ago, DrTenma said:

I also bought it yesterday... I was a little bit afraid since my last experiences with shipping CDs from US have been complicated at least. But, anyway, I hope it doesn't take more that 3 months hahahaha

Well international mail has resumed across US and UK. 

15 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

I just don't need to listen to sound effects when I'm trying to enjoy a film score.  If it was hidden as an easter egg I'd be annoyed to have to edit it out of the ripped track.  If it was a separate track like the "Wild Predator Voices" on Predator 2 Deluxe Edition that's fine, but I know in that example I've only listened to that track once or twice, while I've listened to the main program of that release probably 50 times by now

15 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

It was always just some kind of artifact from creating the lower-res versions for the forum posts.  The PDF everyone proofread and/or approve never had it, the printed booklets won't have it, it was just some weird glitch

21 hours ago, Jay said:

If you want to make your own list that is different than mine, feel free

It’s not your list itself (or approach to it — making a list of how many Williams scores Mike has worked on is perfectly sensible) which I take issue with, but your clearly-not-factual statement about how many Williams releases Mike M has worked on in the past 15 years, overlooking some which he no doubt put a great deal of work into even if they were supplanted later. It’s just an objectively incorrect claim, and I was trying to be helpful and correct the record.

Yavar

I’ve seen you obsessively correct other people all the time on things at least this minor. :) No offense meant but really it looks like you just can’t take a dose of your own medicine and admit either your wording was wrong or you accidentally omitted some stuff Mike produced from your (impressive) list.

Yavar

Good grief! Like I said earlier, I just quickly copied and pasted each entry from the "Williams by Film Studio" thread, it really isn't any more complicated than that.  You are putting more thought into this than anyone should!

43 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Why isn't Bruce banned now again?

One ban per decade.

I told you that already!

Nine more years baby!

If you can't live with that you can IGNORE me

( but then you'll miss my Thor jokes!)

Hey! I'm not the one arguing over how many Williams scores were worked on by MM; nor am I making lists of said titles.

Nuff said!

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

I'm so close to doing the same...

Since you obviously are afflicted with HIS ( Humour Impairment Syndrome) I think that is a wise decision.

Get well soon!😁

Eighty eight " ha- ha" emojis.😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😔😔😔😔

Someone thinks I'm funny!😅😅😅😅😅😅

Dang, that was fast shipping!  I'm jelly!  I didn't order this one, sent the order link to my mother who helps feed my soundtrack habit since my b-day and Christmas are right around the corner. :)

Oh, I haven't received it yet - Mike Matessino posted a picture of the release on his Facebook.

Mine is scheduled to arrive "Friday by 8PM"

I don't know what "newsletter" you are referring to, but thanks for the reminder - I updated the main JWFan.com article!