WAR OF THE WORLDS (2005) 2CD edition from Intrada Records 2020

crocodile

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

Correct me if I wrong but is this the last most recent JW score is financially viable for expansion by our beloved boutique labels?

From 2005 they only have this one - Memoirs of a Geisha and Munich didn't make it in time and Revenge of the Sith is up to Disney.

Ugh. It's Oct 6th here in Australia already, why is America so slow?

It'll be Wednesday morning Australian time when this is released in America!

That's not accurate.  It will be up for sale 8-11 hours from the time of this post.  That's Monday night the 5th for the USA, Tuesday the 6th for Europe and Australia

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Next... how the heck does he include 8 different openings for The Force Awakens... :lol:

Realisticly, it will only be like 3, as some versions probably weren't recorded, and other slight orchestration changes.

4 hours ago, crocodile said:

Correct me if I wrong but is this the last most recent JW score is financially viable for expansion by our beloved boutique labels?

Karol

Yes.

Mike's post says the cutoff date is July 3rd, and WOTW was in theaters June 23rd.

While Geisha and Munich theoretically could have had score recorded before July 3rd, I don't think that is the case, those scores were likely recorded around September / October

It would be pretty stiff of the AFM not to grant waivers for two scores that missed some arbitrary cutoff by a few months.

What difference does it make after 15 years, really!

I'm sure the rules will change eventually.  I can't remember any details, but I'm pretty sure the whole reason we started getting lots of specialty label expansions in the late 90s to present is because of a rate change

You just pay them

~

Doug's Corner:

this coming Tuesday we again introduce another expanded masterpiece, this time from the peerless John Williams. With director Steven Spielberg, author H.G. Wells, star Tom Cruise and the title War Of The Worlds, and in this case a 2-CD set fully expanded - well, you can anticipate the excitement is warranted. Artwork, contents and sound samples should be posted here late Monday afternoon with orders shipping on Tuesday the 6th. Play this one loud.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8558

No samples for CD2, nice way to keep the surprise!

I'm really happy with what I'm hearing. As always, Mike seems to have done a fantastic job remastering the score, can't wait to get this.

1 minute ago, bruce marshall said:

I know this is a stupid question but ...why is a thirty five second cue part of ' extras'?

Why not? Seems to be the intro we can hear in "Escape from the City" on the OST, with a clean ending.

2 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I know this is a stupid question but ...why is a thirty five second cue part of ' extras'?

I don't understand the question.  Can you rephrase it?

2 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Because you'd complain to no end if it was part of the main programme.

On 10/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, Chewy said:

While watching War of the Worlds yesterday, I noticed a very creepy low male choir during The Ferry Scene here (5:30): 

I wonder if this will appear on the new release or if it's some kind of effect done by the sound effects team (similar to what happened on HP3).

By the way, judging from the samples, the low choir male I was referring to doesn't seem to be on this release :(.

I think you're missing the point of the 'extras' section in Intrada's world. It's for bits that would interrupt the flow of the main program.

If they put it in the main program, people complain. Omitted.... people complain.

4 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Why is a 30 second cue included as an extra?

Again, I don't understand your complaint.  What are you getting at?

Bonus tracks are bonuses.  You don't have to listen to them.   You can press stop after the album ends if you desire.

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

I think you're missing the point of the 'extras' section in Intrada's world. It's for bits that would interrupt the flow of the main program.

Well, it's about time they listened to me!😁

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Again, I don't understand your complaint.  What are you getting at?

Bonus tracks are bonuses.  You don't have to listen to them.   You can press stop after the album ends if you desire.

I'm so used to these c and c editions being a " collection of cues", ( lime WWW and HTTYD).

I'm happy they programmed it for a more listenable experience. Not complaining; just the opposite!😊

4 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Then why does its presence bother you?

See above.

The choir in The Intersection Scene sounds weirdly dominant and dry...

The missing bit from Ray and Rachel is gorgeous - a grey autumn day is what I'm instantly reminded of.

Red Planet has a Psycho-y moment that was edited out on the OST.

3 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

The choir in The Intersection Scene sounds weirdly dominant and dry...

I love it, I watched the film yesterday morning and the choir in that scene really stood out

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

I love it, I watched the film yesterday morning and the choir in that scene really stood out (more so than the album version)

Is that the "(film version)" aspect of it? And by the way, why has the Epilogue in the main program "(film version)" attached?

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The frequency of these releases is proof that we aren’t actually in the darkest timeline.

However, the nature of that particular release does imply it.

36 minutes ago, Chewy said:

By the way, judging from the samples, the low choir male I was referring to doesn't seem to be on this release :(.

Could it have been tracked from the aliens in the basement scene?

I wonder which cover I should use when I import the set into my Apple Music library. I’m more partial to the first and original cover, but I also like the second cover.