New Quartet: Total Recall 30th Anniversary Edition 3XLP & 2CD Reissue

Amer

TOTAL-RECALL-DEFINITIVO.jpg

Total Recall: 30th Anniversary Edition (3XLP) & 2CD
Jerry Goldsmith

https://www.quartetrecords.com/product/total-recall-30th-anniversay-edition-3xlp/

https://quartetrecords.com/product/total-recall-30th-anniversary-edition-2-cd/

Pressed on 3X180 GM Black Vinyl
Specially Mastered for Vinyl From the original digital multi-track masters tapes
Produced by Neil S. Bulk and Bruce Botnick
Mastered for vinyl by Bruce Botnick
Lacquers Mastered by Bernie Grundman
Separate booklet with liner notes by Jeff Bond and new artwork by Kyle Lambert
Limited edition of 1000 units

QUARTET CELEBRATES TOTAL RECALL AT 30

Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the landmark science fiction blockbuster TOTAL RECALL, Quartet Records and Studiocanal present Academy Award-winner Jerry Goldsmith’s thrilling score for the first time in a 3-LP deluxe edition!

Directed by Paul Verhoeven (RoboCop, Basic Instinct) and starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sharon Stone, TOTAL RECALL helped change the future of cinematic imagery, while Goldsmith’s score marked a culmination of styles and techniques the composer had developed over four decades of composing for film and television.

TOTAL RECALL represents one of the iconic composer’s last masterpieces, recorded with the National Philharmonic Orchestra of London, under his own baton. For this vinyl release, Quartet has mastered from the 48kHz/16-bit stereo mixes created in 2015, allowing fans of the film and of great music to experience the intrigue, the action, and the exotic world of TOTAL RECALL like never before. For the first time, the score as written for the film can now be heard on vinyl—and with the actual film performances.

Platters One and Two contains the film score, while Platter Three features the original 1990 soundtrack album assembly. All of this material has been entirely remixed from the original digital multi-track tapes by Goldsmith’s longtime scoring mixer, Bruce Botnick.

Produced by Neil S. Bulk and Botnick, and specially remastered for vinyl by Mr. Botnick with lacquers mastered by Bernie Grundman, this new edition has been pressed in 180 GR black vinyl, and includes a separate booklet featuring the new 30th anniversary artwork by Kyle Lambert and authoritative liner notes from film music writer Jeff Bond that includes interviews with Botnick, music editor Ken Hall, and director Paul Verhoeven.

With all the excitement, all the mystery, and everything you could possibly want to know about the creation of this iconic score… it’s more than the definitive release–… it’s the release of your dreams.

MONTAJE-TOTAL-RECALL2.jpg

TR33.jpg

TOTAL-RECALL-PORTADA-BOOKLET.jpg

Great news!  This is one of my favorite Jerry scores, and this set is one of my favorite expanded releases of all time.

I like the new cover art, too!

1 minute ago, Jay said:

It's in my top 5 as well!

Here's a cool score restore video that people might enjoy watching

(this video is very old, the audio is not the Quartet audio)

Pardon my Latin, but this is a fucking good score!!!

I'm glad that Quartet Records are aware that their previous release is OOP, because many of their releases are now OOP... and for many composers.

The "Anniversary" excuse remains the best one for keeping those essential scores available for the old and new fans (new fan of Jerry Goldsmith like me!).

Now, I'm waiting for the next anniversaries of The Russia House and Basic Instinct!

Here's the CD description for those too lazy to click the link.

Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the landmark science fiction blockbuster TOTAL RECALL, Quartet Records and Studiocanal bring Academy Award-winner Jerry Goldsmith’s thrilling score back into print as a 2-CD reissue with newly designed packaging and new cover art by Kyle Lambert.

Directed by Paul Verhoeven (RoboCop, Basic Instinct) and starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sharon Stone, TOTAL RECALL helped change the future of cinematic imagery, while Goldsmith’s score marked a culmination of styles and techniques the composer had developed over four decades of composing for film and television.

TOTAL RECALL represents one of the iconic composer’s last masterpieces, recorded with the National Philharmonic Orchestra of London, under his own baton. With this reissue, fans of the film and of great music will once again get to experience the intrigue, the action, and the exotic world of TOTAL RECALL.

Disc One contains the film score as written—and with the actual film performances, while Disc Two features the original 1990 soundtrack album assembly, alternates, and source music. All of this material—nearly 2 ½ hours in total—was entirely remixed and remastered from the original digital multi-track tapes by Goldsmith’s longtime scoring mixer, Bruce Botnick.

Produced by Neil S. Bulk and Botnick, this release includes authoritative liner notes from film music writer Jeff Bond, featuring interviews with director Paul Verhoeven, music editor Ken Hall, composer Bruno Louchouarn, and Botnick—all presented in a lavishly designed 24-page full-color booklet.

With every beat, every cue, and everything you could want to know about the creation of this breakthrough score, it’s more than the definitive release… it’s the release of your dreams.

6 hours ago, fommes said:

Was this also going to be part of the BD release of the new transfer?

Yes, it's included as part of the box-set and thankfully available separately at Quartet.

On 10/2/2020 at 8:55 AM, Arpy said:

This is a sad time for my wallet. 

No kidding. And there's still Black Friday releases to come!

I hope the Great Train Robbery is still available from quartet when Total Recall releases. I'd like to get both at the same time.

• 1 month later...

No, I'm shrugging because I have no idea.  I've never listened to it.

That's why I provided 4 different places you can listen to it for free. Make up your own mind.