2020 FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION studio sites (featuring music)

thx99

31 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

To be fair, they're still just posting tracks that correspond to what is on the regular OST version. Just without all the microedits.

Nope.

There are a few unreleased cues. Like Max Collecting more Wishes PT.1 & 2 and the first part from MAX VISITS PRESIDENT PT 4 - THE GIRL

5 minutes ago, badbu said:

Nope.

There are a few unreleased cues. Like Max Collecting more Wishes PT.1 & 2 

A micro-edited version of the track is part of "Anything You Want" on the OST.

The one genuinely unreleased track here is History Of The Stone, since the leaked copy has a fake that used the first part of the album version of Already Gone with a particularly badly done faked ending. Also, Inner Chamber isn't cut off at the start like the complete is. We're only really missing the first half of The Wrath You Will Face at this point. 

compared to the ost, not to the complete sessions.

and the last part from Max Collecting more Wishes PT.1 & 2 is not on the ost. Also the first part from MAX VISITS PRESIDENT PT 4.

NEW SCORES AVAILABLE:

Warner Brothers

[NOTE: See initial post above for links to streamable M4As. Thanks to @Lockdown for the heads-up on Wonder Woman 1984!]

9 hours ago, HunterTech said:

A micro-edited version of the track is part of "Anything You Want" on the OST.

The one genuinely unreleased track here is History Of The Stone, since the leaked copy has a fake that used the first part of the album version of Already Gone with a particularly badly done faked ending. Also, Inner Chamber isn't cut off at the start like the complete is. We're only really missing the first half of The Wrath You Will Face at this point. 

Isnt that just basically 'anything you want' anyway?

Does anyone know how to download or at least stream the AAC files for, say, Tenet and WW1984? I click the links, get a WinAmp playlist file and all it does it load about 20 10-second clips that refuse to play. Would really like to be able to listen to these offline if at all possible.

11 minutes ago, Florian said:

Does anyone know how to download or at least stream the AAC files for, say, Tenet and WW1984? I click the links, get a WinAmp playlist file and all it does it load about 20 10-second clips that refuse to play. Would really like to be able to listen to these offline if at all possible.

To download the Warner Brothers streaming AACs, I’d recommend a browser add-on like “DownloadHelper”, or use the standalone “JDownloader2” freeware program. Both will interpret the playlist files and compile the separate segments into a single M4A or audio-only MP4 file.

In my experience, “JDownloader2” is the easier method, since you can simply copy all the “.m3u8” links I’ve posted for a given score and paste them into the “Link Grabber” tab. The program should then populate the M4As that result from the playlist files. Choose your download folder for the batch and download away. In some cases, however, an “.m3u8” link isn’t properly read by the program so you may have to then resort to using “DownloadHelper” to grab it.

7 hours ago, Mephariel said:

WW84: "The End Credit" is so beautiful. How the heck did they leave that out of the album?

I hear its another track rearrangement? (People said its from the movie Pompey)

No clue why its on the FYC site then tho. 

On 1/20/2021 at 4:10 PM, MedigoScan said:

I hear its another track rearrangement? (People said its from the movie Pompey)

Do you have the title reference for this one? I'm quite curious about.

Damn you're right. This almost the exact same track.

Between this, the remix of Beautiful Lie and the one from John Murphy's Sunshine, I'm going to think that Zimmer has almost composed no new material for this score. :biglaugh:

NEW SONGS AVAILABLE:

Amazon Studios

[NOTE: See initial post above for direct links to MP3s.]

On 1/20/2021 at 10:51 AM, thx99 said:

NEW SCORE AVAILABLE:

Neon

[NOTE: See initial post above for links to streamable AACs via Spotify. Appears to be the commercial release.]

Woot! This score is awesome. We need more women of color allowed to make awesome film music anywhere close to mainstream like this :)

By way of non-sequiter, I’m Thinking Of Ending Things FYC or bust. I’m pining for a clean version of that ballet.

11 hours ago, thx99 said:

NEW SCORE AVAILABLE:

MISCELLANEOUS

[NOTE: See initial post above for links to SoundCloud playlists & separate track.]

I see that 2m02 is posted twice on their SoundCloud page, I downloaded both cues to see if maybe one was an alt (Inverted the other cue in Soundcloud, and I still heard noise) Not sure if you wanted to double check the cue, but I am thinking maybe the mix could be slightly different even though they are titled as if they're the same cue/take/version, etc.

@Lockdown, yes, I noticed that and included a short write-up in the spoiler in the initial post. They aren’t identical but seem to be the same musical content, perhaps with a very slight difference in the mix, as you said, or a different MP3 encoding.

13 hours ago, thx99 said:

NEW SCORE AVAILABLE:

NETFLIX

[NOTE: See initial post above for direct links to M4As.]

Do you know if this program is different from the previous one or if it's just a shorter version?

58 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

Do you know if this program is different from the previous one or if it's just a shorter version?

Based on cue lengths alone, the newer M4A version appears to offer nothing new content-wise.  But the M4As appear more heavily compressed than the previous MP3s, so best to stick with the earlier MP3/WAV version for content and quality.

NEW SCORE AVAILABLE:

WALT DISNEY

[NOTE: See initial post above for direct links to MP3s. The initial 23-cue version (still linked to in the initial post) did not feature any cues by Jon Batiste, so it appears Disney added 8 Batiste cues, bringing the new total to 31 cues.]

34 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

Do we know if Focus Features intend to put more music on their website? I remember that previous year almost all their movies had an FYC presentation.

Excellent question and observation!  No clue whether Focus will be adding to their FYC score line-up, but yes, they a have a great history of posting FYC scores.  Let's hope they come through for us with Giacchino's Let Him Go and Waller-Bridge's/Schweitzer's Emma at least.  I rather dig Willis' Promising Young Woman!!

1 hour ago, thx99 said:

I rather dig Willis' Promising Young Woman!!

I had absolutely no expectation for this one, it was a very good surprise.

I'm not sure that this really related but in the past years I've found that the Focus line-up of scores were really interesting each time. They always have a various catalog, full of surprise (maybe because they produce smaller movie ;)).

For now, I've only heard the score of Let Him Go and Promising Young Woman but I'm quite curious about the others. Let's hope they upload more of them.

Do you know if Enola Holmes, Fukushima 50 or Call of the Wild are presentad as fyc by their companies? All are nominated as best feature score in the IFMCA.

On 2/5/2021 at 3:17 PM, trados said:

Do you know if Enola Holmes, Fukushima 50 or Call of the Wild are presentad as fyc by their companies? All are nominated as best feature score in the IFMCA.

For as far as I know there are still no FYC presentation for those three score, at least online. Perhaps there will just be a physical release for the voters. Sadly all scores aren't always featured on the official websites.

• 2 weeks later...

Nominees and winners (denoted by ***)...

Golden Globe Awards

Best Original Score – Motion Picture

Best Song - Motion Picture

The Society of Composers and Lyricists (SCL) Awards

Outstanding Original Score For A Studio Film

Outstanding Original Score For An Independent Film

Outstanding Original Score For A Television Production

Outstanding Original Song For Visual Media

22 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

One slipped by.

https://netflix.disco.ac/playlist-new/5116040?date=20201016&user_id=78011&signature=AOZr6BiWvDkmkHgayD8hmFBIiHQ%3AneksUEib 

Not sure if there's anything else on this platform, or how to search through it's database.

Oh wow! Nice!

1 minute ago, Lockdown said:

Source is Debney's Instagram.

I'm shocked that you can just download this entire score in MP3, WAV, or AIFF (with the exception of the End Credits Suite, which is only available in MP3 for some reason)

On 3/4/2021 at 12:27 PM, thx99 said:
  • News of the World (James Newton Howard) [19 cues, 1:11:49] [1 or 2]
  •  

It's the same as the OST, but with different track titles. Which is unfortunate, there's a cue that plays by the end of the movie (between Castroville and Kidd Visits Maria) that wasn't released, and I was hoping the FYC would have it.

37 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Not sure if there's anything else on this platform, or how to search through it's database.

From looking at this, it appears to be a music distribution platform (obvious, I know). It seems to function like dropbox. Netflix can upload full scores and distribute with a unique link that I assume has certain sharing capabilities.

I don't think there would be a way to search it unfortunately, since it seems to function like a Dropbox account but for music. There's no public facing page for them it seems. Googling the URL only turns up three links for some sheet music from Jingle Jangle also hosted on that domain. There's also some soundtrack masters on there that were linked to by some Facebook page, but nothing else unreleased.

51 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Thanks, @Lockdown!! I had been made aware of this privately on Friday by @Dr. Know but didn’t have time to add it to the initial post this weekend. It’s a shame that Netflix doesn’t seem to be interested in promoting Debney’s score on their various FYC sites, but thankfully he took it upon himself to do so.

51 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

I tried to poke around a bit on the site but it seems you need to have the specific link provided by the disco.ac user. It’s essentially a file sharing service aimed at musical artists, best I can tell.

Does that Jingle Jangle FYC have any interesting passages that weren't on the OST album?