SPOTLIGHT ON JOHN WILLIAMS: A Prospero Classical CD release featuring new recordings of JW film music

SyncMan

5 minutes ago, King Mark said:

I found the track list!!!!

Track 1:The Rise of Skywalker

Track2:  Fanfare for Michael Dukakis

Track 3 Han Solo and the Princess (Revised)

Track 4: The Lost World (revised concert version)

Track 5: Leaving Home (Oscar Memoriam revision)

Track 7: Irina's Theme

Track 9:Celebration Fanfare

Track10:Song for world Peace (Revised)

Track11: Double Trouble (Orchestral)

Track 12: Bridge to the Past

Track13:Fanfare for 10 years old

Track14:NBC NEWs Rodeo theme

Track 15:Were Lookin Good

track 16:A Toast

Track17:Galaxy's Edge Symphonic Suite

Track18 :The Rise of Skywalker Medley :Rey Trains -Lando Arrives-We Fight Togheter

A joke, I presume? That would have been a great track list, though.

26 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

The worst part is that I believed it for a couple of tracks.

Indeed. It's halfway believeable, halfway not.

The performances are good on the released tracks but I'm really not liking the recording and/or mixing :(

7 hours ago, King Mark said:

I found the track list!!!!

Track 1: The Rise of Skywalker

Track2: Fanfare for Michael Dukakis

Track 3Han Solo and the Princess (Revised)

Track 4: The Lost World (Revised Concert Version)

Track 5: Leaving Home (Oscar Memoriam Revision)

Track 7: Irina's Theme

Track 9: Celebration Fanfare

Track10: Song for world Peace (Revised)

Track11: Double Trouble (Orchestral)

Track 12: Bridge to the Past

Track13: Fanfare for 10 years old

Track14: NBC News Rodeo Theme

Track 15: Were Lookin Good

track 16: A Toast

Track17: Galaxy's Edge Symphonic Suite

Track18 :The Rise of Skywalker Medley :Rey Trains - Lando Arrives- We Fight Togheter

Track 19: Suite from A Timeless Call

Track 20: Dear Basketball

Track 21: Vienna Philharmonics Overture (World Premiere)

First Half GIF

Until The Rise of Skywalker Medley 

It they got a penny a play that's $310.  I have no idea what the rates are though

If it gets people who hear it on Spotify to want to buy the physical CD or a digital download, its a good thing

Buy on whatever format you like, as long as it supports those struggling artists John Williams and Disney!

44 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Only after checking it out online first though. I'm very glad I'm a selective buyer now.

Yeah, who wants to end up with a bunch of HanZ* CDs.

*Mostly composed by someone else.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Will there be anything left to hear first on the album itself if they keep releasing one track a week leading up to it?

I wondered the same thing for half a second, then hit the play button :lol:

I was mildly excited for this based on the comments and they are very much good performances in good sound, but for some reason a bit too vanilla to really make me feel anything. I'll still check the whole thing out when it comes out. Good on them to pick pieces like CoS!

Yes, this is very encouraging, especially since CoS seems like the neglected child of the HP scores when it comes to re-recordings (although PoA doesn't do much better, actually).  I'm assuming the "suite" phrasing means we'll get Fawkes as well, and maybe Dobby?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Will there be anything left to hear first on the album itself if they keep releasing one track a week leading up to it?

It's what Elfman has been doing for the last few months. And it seems to be a fairly common PR strategy these days. I have a composer friend who's doing the same thing, i.e. releasing a single cue each month. Don't know how useful it is, though.

Upon further reflection, I think I misread the CoS track title.  I think they just meant that track was a standalone suite, not that it was part of a larger suite of CoS themes.  I'd be happy to be wrong, but I doubt it.  Now let's see how the saxophone sounds!

I'm not checking out any tracks at all untill the album drops. And even then, it will not be immediate top priority (unless it contains some super rare things), as I've heard these things a million times over the years. Too much new stuff to explore, and too many soundtracks in my collection (counting 2122 at the present time) that need more spins.

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'm not checking out any tracks at all untill the album drops. And even then, it will not be immediate top priority (unless it contains some super rare things), as I've heard these things a million times over the years. Too much new stuff to explore, and too many soundtracks in my collection (counting 2122 at the present time) that need more spins.

Thor, you already know it's the same usually stuff.... 

Usually, I do not pay too much attenction to those compilations. Even the Vienna concert left me cold to a certain degree. The only two compilation that I hold in high esteem from the last decade are 

• Recording Arts Orchestra of Los Angeles - The third Williams/Spielberg collaboration album
  • Boston Pops Orchestra - Lights, Camera... Music! 

Those two were really good compilations with special tracks and arrangements.

From the samples I don't expect something like that here.

When I read on FB that there is a clarinett soloist involved, I was hoping for the clarinett concerto. But it's again "Victor's Theme". I like the theme, but in the meantime I have four CDs with different recordings of it. I am not aming for a fifth one to be honest.

But I am really looking forward to your podcast on this, Maurizio.

We're at ten tracks now.  I, for one, am loving the slow drip.  It makes me dig into each recording a little more attentively.  (Otherwise, I agree that the quadruple-dipping would get a little tiresome.)  For example, I know it's not unique to the City Lights recording, but I was just appreciating anew that glorious solo high note at the end of Escapades, where the orchestra suddenly slides off like a snakeskin and leaves the alto skyrocketing alone.

10 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

Usually, I do not pay too much attenction to those compilations. Even the Vienna concert left me cold to a certain degree. The only two compilation that I hold in high esteem from the last decade are 

• Recording Arts Orchestra of Los Angeles - The third Williams/Spielberg collaboration album
  • Boston Pops Orchestra - Lights, Camera... Music! 

Those two were really good compilations with special tracks and arrangements.

From the samples I don't expect something like that here.

I agree. Best Performances on these 2 are albums so far although I haven't listened to the Vienna concert fully as yet. But I agree Escapades seems a bit redundant at this point.