Ep 9 Duel of the Fates: The Concept Album

WampaRat

5 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I don't have access to listen right now, but this is an all-star first post.  My first post was probably a fart joke.

Out of curiosity, I checked, and on this version of the board, it seems your first post was about Darth Vader dissapeared, but of course if you started on the old board, none of that history is available.

Oh strange! I wonder if there was another “WampaRat” back then lol. I was 11 in 1999 haha. I thought I was being so clever with my name. Rest assured it was not me (or a relative of mine) I apologize to the one true WampaRat wherever you may be...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/amp30882356/full-star-wars-9-original-duel-of-fates-script-colin-trevorrow/

Im sure this got posted before. But here’s a link to a summary and the actual script in this article by Esquire if anyone is curious.

I always wondered if this was doable in a way so you can take all three sequel scores and make the themes apply to the Thrawn novels somehow. Like reassign the themes to the novel characters. 

Listening now. Track 3 is mostly nothing. Maybe it got killed by the Youtube bots? Otherwise, it's a really really fantastic edit. The blending of the different action tracks at the beginning along with that concept art is so cool.

Thanks so much! Yeah the Thrawn trilogy would also be cool to see done in a similar manner. You might have to develop a glossary to help define and repurpose certain themes. It’s worth a shot! 

I’ll have to check on Track three. Thanks for the heads up! It’s probably an error on my end :/

As a big fan of DOTF, that was really awesome!

I like how you built up to the big Duel of the Fates moment by peppering in little ‘korrah ratimahs’

I enjoyed listening to the music with foreknowledge of the script, and just letting it take me away as I imagine the movie it could’ve been.

The Battle of Coruscant would’ve been absolutely spectacular, and if Duel of the Fates played in the theatre as an incredible duel between Rey with a double bladed lightsaber and Kylo at the height of his power...I probably would’ve cheered for the first time. Even thinking about it gives me chills.

Thanks so much!

Yeah I wanted to build up to it (as Im sure Williams would have done. Heck he probably would have written a version with Rey and Ren’s motifs bouncing off each other under the ostinato) I ALMOST tried to do that. But it was difficult finding the right snippet of their themes to do that with. I’ll leave that to someone else. 

Got two more tracks to upload (a massive finale:) Look for it later today! Thanks for listening.

Alrighty.

The final two tracks are up there now.( I believe Eric Wood of Cinematic sound Radio occasionally frequents these forums and I’d like to thank him/credit him for the inspiration in parts of my end credits suite)

And with that, my sonic fan edit comes to a close. Hopefully some of you found it a cool experiment and were able to divorce the RoS Score from the film long enough to envision this alternate story. 

At some point I’ll add scene descriptions to each of the videos. But that might not be for a while. Thanks again for listening.

Thanks! So far I think is a nice editing of TROS. I'll give it a full listen.

About the Trevorrow script I feel ambivalent, I think is better than we officially got, but is also far weaker than what I expected as the end of the trilogy.