Waxworks Records Releasing TMNT 2: The Secret of the Ooze Soundtrack on CD, LP, Digital.

Faleel

https://mobile.twitter.com/waxworkrecords/status/1296499458268639234?fbclid=IwAR3efwtsWR2pRqeJJWVAm2gtO2wabEtAN-aWoac9kMw5SawtZY4wpCk7Yqo

11 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Following on from their 2019 premiere release of the first film's score, Waxwork Records is releasing the complete score for Secret of the Ooze on both CD and vinyl.

https://waxworkrecords.com/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-part-ii-the-secret-of-the-ooze-cd?variant=33030651510845

TMNT2CDmockup_1800x1800.jpg?v=1612544582

Track List:

1. NY Pizza

2. Main Title

3. Pile of Criminals

4. Shredder Lives

5. Mutant Dandelions

6. Grave Danger

7. TGRI Fight

8. Home Sweet Home

9. Tokka & Rahzar

10. Scrapyard Scrap

11. What Troubles You

12. Master Say Have Fun

13. Let The Games Begin

14. Super Shredder

15. Cowabunga Says It All

16. Dark Monsters

17. Ninja Rap (Performed by Vanilla Ice)

Waxwork Records is proud to present the deluxe vinyl release of TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES PART II: THE SECRET OF THE OOZE Original Motion Picture Score by John DuPrez. Released in 1991 as the highly anticipated sequel to 1990’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, THE SECRET OF THE OOZE follows the adventures of four Turtles: Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, and their Master Splinter. Resuming from the events of the first film, The Shredder returns to take back command of the Foot Clan and work towards getting revenge on the Turtles. When he learns the secret behind the Turtles' mutation, he becomes more dangerous than ever. The film sheds light on the origins of Splinter and the Turtles, as well as introduces two new villains: Tokka and Rahzar.

Lifted from the pages of the popular comic series, a wildly successful Saturday morning cartoon, and a massive hit-line of toy action figures, the motion picture adaptation of the beloved crime fighting turtles brought the TMNT franchise to the next level.

The gritty and dark NYC martial-arts-superhero-comedy features the four cherished ninja turtles with a slew of other idolized characters such as Master Splinter, Shredder, Casey Jones, April O’Neil, and The Foot.

In collaboration with composer John DuPrez, TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman, and Nickelodeon, Waxwork Records is proud to present the official and complete 1991 score to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Secret of the Ooze for the first time in any format. Sourced from the original masters, the complete film music by DuPrez has been re-stored and re-mastered. Also included is “Ninja Rap” by Vanilla Ice.

The complete album art was created by Kevin Eastman exclusively for Waxwork Records, and it features his classic comic-book illustration style!  

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Part II: The Secret of the Ooze

Original Motion Picture Score on CD Features:

• The Complete 1991 Score by John DuPrez
  • Available For The First Time In Any Format
  • New Art by TMNT Co-Creator Kevin Eastman

•  

• 3 months later...

Following on from their 2019 premiere release of the first film's score, Waxwork Records is releasing the complete score for Secret of the Ooze on both CD and vinyl.

https://waxworkrecords.com/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-part-ii-the-secret-of-the-ooze-cd?variant=33030651510845

TMNT2CDmockup_1800x1800.jpg?v=1612544582

Track List:

1. NY Pizza

2. Main Title

3. Pile of Criminals

4. Shredder Lives

5. Mutant Dandelions

6. Grave Danger

7. TGRI Fight

8. Home Sweet Home

9. Tokka & Rahzar

10. Scrapyard Scrap

11. What Troubles You

12. Master Say Have Fun

13. Let The Games Begin

14. Super Shredder

15. Cowabunga Says It All

16. Dark Monsters

17. Ninja Rap (Performed by Vanilla Ice)

Waxwork Records is proud to present the deluxe vinyl release of TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES PART II: THE SECRET OF THE OOZE Original Motion Picture Score by John DuPrez. Released in 1991 as the highly anticipated sequel to 1990’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, THE SECRET OF THE OOZE follows the adventures of four Turtles: Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, and their Master Splinter. Resuming from the events of the first film, The Shredder returns to take back command of the Foot Clan and work towards getting revenge on the Turtles. When he learns the secret behind the Turtles' mutation, he becomes more dangerous than ever. The film sheds light on the origins of Splinter and the Turtles, as well as introduces two new villains: Tokka and Rahzar.

Lifted from the pages of the popular comic series, a wildly successful Saturday morning cartoon, and a massive hit-line of toy action figures, the motion picture adaptation of the beloved crime fighting turtles brought the TMNT franchise to the next level.

The gritty and dark NYC martial-arts-superhero-comedy features the four cherished ninja turtles with a slew of other idolized characters such as Master Splinter, Shredder, Casey Jones, April O’Neil, and The Foot.

In collaboration with composer John DuPrez, TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman, and Nickelodeon, Waxwork Records is proud to present the official and complete 1991 score to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Secret of the Ooze for the first time in any format. Sourced from the original masters, the complete film music by DuPrez has been re-stored and re-mastered. Also included is “Ninja Rap” by Vanilla Ice.

The complete album art was created by Kevin Eastman exclusively for Waxwork Records, and it features his classic comic-book illustration style!  

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Part II: The Secret of the Ooze

Original Motion Picture Score on CD Features:

• The Complete 1991 Score by John DuPrez
  • Available For The First Time In Any Format
  • New Art by TMNT Co-Creator Kevin Eastman

7 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Oops.  I bow my head in shame :( 

Delete!

Naw, its all good, added to OP instead.

21 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

The main title (essentially a remix) isn't as iconic as the first film version, but it's still plenty fun and zaps me right back to my childhood.

Yeah the music over all the people eating pizza is soooo good.  

1 hour ago, Demondm810 said:

Yeah the music over all the people eating pizza is soooo good.  

18 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I think he's talking about the actual fight scene with opening credits. But I agree that the very first track is awesome.

Yes I meant the reworked version of the first movie's main title that plays over the fight part of the second movie's opening titles.  And I also agree that both cues are great fun!

• 1 year later...

Huh, I don't think I ever actually posted my thoughts here. Strange, because I feel like I did elaborate what I felt to someone here, but it must've been someone on the Discord.

By virtue of only having 1 LP to work with instead of 2 like the first score, a lot more compromises were made

So we basically get more of a regular album assembly compared to the fairly complete first score, but with a lot more questionable editing choices

The first two tracks are a good example where they mess around with the edits in a way that's confusing

And then there's the missing material that wasn't on the boot, to which the release only has half

So a lot of stuff from the Junkyard sequence is still missing, perhaps for good given key factors

Lastly, the incorporation of the two VA Du Prez tracks (since there seems to be a sort of contractual obligation with both releases to include them) are simply baffling

You know it's a doozy when despite containing some unique material to the release, the bootleg is much longer lol

Also, they completely butchered my favorite cue, so it loses points based on that

I do have to issue a correction, since when you remove the tracks from III on the bootleg that were shoehorned in to fill in the empty spots, it's not longer by much. However, there's still some cues here and there that don't show up from the leak, presumably because it doesn't reflect what you hear in the film.

I really wish there was some behind the scenes thing for why they approached this release like they did, since I figure that even with the sequels being less popular than the first, you would want to still put in as much as you can to appease the fans. Ghostbusters II at least had Edelman talking about how half that score was misplaced, so I definitely would like to hear Du Prez talking about these if he was involved.